StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

It will be nice to have the round user picture on Start Menu. I'd like SIB on W10 a little bit different from SIB on W8 and 8.1. Will try this later on W10 for I am using 8.1 now. Thanks for the new version.  

PS. I installed Beta 2 a few days ago after installing W10 build 10162. Er...  why this Plus Plus was activated when I tried entering the license key of SIB 8?  

Crash dump will be helpful

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/activate-windows-error-reporting-windows-8

If you caught in crash loop, hold down Escape key, that would prevent SIB from starting.

I don't have a "local dump" subkey for "Windows Error Reporting", whereas the tutorial you've linked to shows it there by default.  However,  I can try to create it.  By the way, this is what's happening as the result of the crashing in Windows Error Reporting/App log:

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.10166.0, time stamp: 0x55976770Faulting module name: painter_x64.dll, version: 1.0.0.4, time stamp: 0x54fc14dbException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000000000000128bFaulting process id: 0x1344Faulting application start time: 0x01d0bc1d3a6f46dcFaulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeFaulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\painter_x64.dllReport Id: 27cbbb8a-26ab-4ac7-85ac-4abc73d9400dFaulting package full name:Faulting package-relative application ID:

Is that at all helpful?   Still happens with beta 3.

That did the trick.  BTW, before I knew you had a beta available, I had purchased a different product to fill in temporarily.  From a company that Rhmynes with FarClock.  Let me say that your product utterly destroys the competition.

Edited by Bilar Crais

Feedback: Startapps folder lets you right click and select uninstall on apps that is not able to be uninstalled. Noticed that this happens with startisback, this lets the uninstall app window stay up for quite a while and there is no way to cancel it. You have to wait or restart computer.

Works great otherwise, no problems!

Modern app uninstall is screwed and it's a known bug :} . Unless it's fixed on MS side it will be scraped or replaced with Powershell command.

Edited by Tihiy

The problems mentioned on post 13 haven't been fixed yet. I'd like to bring up Start Screen by pressing the Windows key only. However, if I choose and apply this option, I'll lose Start Menu of SIB when clicking on Start button.

Btw, I can uninstall a few modern applications by using this:

http://yamicsoft.com/windows10manager/index.html

The issue in post #13 has been fixed. Clicking Start button will do the same action which is assigned to Windows key, that's new and intended behavior.