Thanks for having me

lucid717

I actually had an account here before, but I had a long hiatus and forgot my login info. so created a new one. I covet XP Pro and can't stand any MS OS made since. I want to use it as long as possible but they're making it exceeding difficult to do so now... which is a problem I'm going to get into in a thread in the appropriate place shortly here.

Thanks, there is great discussion here and I look forward to engaging in it. I also used belong to Wilders but don't post there as often anymore... using older OS's is generally frowned upon more there and discussing it will often lead to arguments.

I used 98SE for a long time, until XP SP2, and then have been using that ever since. Well SP3 now. I stay behind a few generations in hardware too to get things cheaper. Not to mention sticking with 32-bit for the time being and on XP there's no use having current gen hardware. I only recently bought a Dell Inspiron 530 on EBay for next to nothing with a Core2Duo E8400 CPU in it. I wanted that model mainly for the hardware virtualization to make running VM's smoother. And has 4 GB of RAM (1GBx4), but is upgradable to 8 gigs so even if I upgrade my OS I feel that hardware is perfectly capable of handling it. Before that I had a Dimension 3000 with a 2.4 Ghz Celeron CPU & 2 GB of RAM for ages.

I am migrating to SSD's though, for the speed increase and they're quiet.