Help with Virtual PC 2004

I recently downloaded the trial version of MS Virtual PC 2004, being new to this i was just wandering does anyone have a simple guide to use the program & whats required besides the cd image.iso

I did try to use it as per Flyakites Multidvd guide but VPC complained about the iso made using cdimage not being a correct cd iso?

Come on guys 13 views & no replys?

Here's the official guide to using Virtual PC: Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 Evaluation Guide

As far as your problems with the ISO, trying hooking an actual CDROM to see if the same problems occur- if you can't even use a physical CD, then either drivers are messed up or the installation is borked.

Oh, and trev- Virtual PC is great. Its a lot easier to use for beginners, and IIRC uses less resources than the other virtual program whose name I cannot remember at this time.

Here's the official guide to using Virtual PC: Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 Evaluation Guide

As far as your problems with the ISO, trying hooking an actual CDROM to see if the same problems occur- if you can't even use a physical CD, then either drivers are messed up or the installation is borked.

Oh, and trev- Virtual PC is great. Its a lot easier to use for beginners, and IIRC uses less resources than the other virtual program whose name I cannot remember at this time.

Datalore

Thanks for the info Ill check it out & let you know. :)

I looked at the VPC guide regarding installing & using the software but in my opinion the guide is a little lacking.

Maybe Im missing something but am I required to install an OS say XP Pro first to the virtual machine or can I load my ISO dvd image directly to VPC?

am I required to install an OS say XP Pro first to the virtual machine or can I load my ISO dvd image directly to VPC?

No, in fact you shouldn't already have another virtual OS installed (on same Virtual HD) if you're testing out a new DVD image. Right when the Virtual machine is booting, just hook the ISO and it will boot like any other image would.

@CuBie- I agree, VMWare is not my favorite either. I don't like it for the fact that it dominates your machine by adding like 3 virtual network cards (that actually show up in device manager and stuff) and installs all this extra crap.

To test your Windows DVD, simply Capture the ISO in Virtual PC by following these steps:

1. Create a New Virtual Machine (with a new virtual hard disk)

2. Start the Virtual Machine

3. Click the CD menu, followed by Capture ISO Image

4. Select the ISO of your DVD

5. Allow the virtual machine to boot, and test away

Just downloaded & installed daemon tools 3.46, having a little trouble with this one also.

I mounted the DVD ISO image in DVD virtual drive F. I rebooted machine ran image & failed to boot am I missing something or do I need to alter Bios setting?

I have obviously set cd/dvd to first boot drive. :)