Automatically update installer for WPI

Well, that's very nice but it has nothing to do with WPI as WPI is customized for a given user's needs as is the website/software you suggest..

I don't understand your answer.

WPI is for installing software silently, but installers you use with switches must be downloaded by hand.

It's a time consuming task, Ketarin can automatize this task and you say that it has nothing to do with WPI.

Uh... re-read the website. It says nothing about Silent Installs or Post-Install. All it says is that it monitors your apps and updates them when/if necessary from the website.

Keep your setup packages up-to-date...
So what am I missing / where was I wrong? IOW, *great*, now use that in conjuction with WPI (an entirely different function). ;)

Well, that's very nice but it has nothing to do with WPI as WPI is customized for a given user's needs as is the website/software you suggest..

WPI is for installing software silently, but installers you use with switches must be downloaded by hand.

It's a time consuming task, Ketarin can automatize this task and you say that it has nothing to do with WPI.

I've also been over something like this in the past. For this to work would require a TRULY MASSIVE effort on my part, I would have to build a database, complete withe versions and download links for HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of programs and I would have to keep that list fully up to date on a timely basis. As has been noted before I can barely keep up with web costs (a lot of that comes out of my own pocket and quite frankly I shouldn't have to pay any of it. WPI should generate enough income to cover this crap)

I have personally put literally THOUSANDS of hours into it (with the kind of recompense that equals to a penny or less an hour) and you can't understand why I am burnt out and don't even want to entertain the prospect of much more work? 

I'll maek you a deal if you want to personally pay me $30 USD per hour for making and keeping such a database, then fine i'll do it, otherwise no way...

I've also been over something like this in the past. For this to work would require a TRULY MASSIVE effort on my part, I would have to build a database, complete withe versions and download links for HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of programs and I would have to keep that list fully up to date on a timely basis. As has been noted before I can barely keep up with web costs (a lot of that comes out of my own pocket and quite frankly I shouldn't have to pay any of it. WPI should generate enough income to cover this crap)

I have personally put literally THOUSANDS of hours into it (with the kind of recompense that equals to a penny or less an hour) and you can't understand why I am burnt out and don't even want to entertain the prospect of much more work? 

I'll maek you a deal if you want to personally pay me $30 USD per hour for making and keeping such a database, then fine i'll do it, otherwise no way...

Hi  Kelsenellenelvian,

I am a developer like you and I can image how many hours you have spent on WPI.

I suggest you to implement this functionality in next release.

The right path to implement is to study like Ketarin works.

It's not necessary insert in database complex url or complex regular expressions, you can use download sites for upgrade software.

If you want add an application in ketarin you can add a simple filehippo id to download always upgraded installer from filehippo.

I have learned that only money can help you to improve your software.

So from internet marketer point of view I can give you two suggestions:

1) go to envato marketplace, see what other develop and try to create your product. You can also develop an improved version of WPI with this functionality I explain above.

2) go to freelancer.com, guru.com or other famous freelacing site. I think you have a lot skill for develop browser plugins, these developers are rare and you can earn easily from 15$ to 30$ per hour.

See always what is popular and try always to create products that add value, after the money will come to you.

You missed the fact that I said WPI had that kind of functionality built in. It's just very advanced scripting and I am not going to openly share it with free users.

You really are seeming like you are a spammer now for ketarin and now that other site.

The point is being missed by you, WPI has some of these features and the only way others would be implemented is if I split it into a dual version app. The free version would realistically only have the silent installer menu and related features all else would be available in the Corp version and the license would be per seat.

I have seriously considered this and still am. Especially at times like this when my domain payment is due in two weeks.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

I am afraid you said me I was a spammer: if I was a spammer Ketarin wasn't free and I will have posted my affiliate link for marketplaces I suggested you.

I have only suggested you some way to earn money because I read in other threads that you must pay your domain and you spent a lot of work hours to implement WPI earnings a few money.

You are totally free to decide what to do with WPI and your other products.

However thanks for efforts you put in WPI.

I'm guessing that many/most Software have a Version Number embedded in the Filename. Want examples?

Now about that Database... WHEEEE!!!!!

FYI, I was also a Developer, Maintainer, Migration Software (Integration) expert. No, it is *not* an easy task and generally it's a team effort. Also Kel is a respected member here and gets assist because we *love* him. :angel He'll do just fine.

Although your concern appears genuine, please stop it. Thanks. ;)