NB100 netbook and Win9X

Zollex

Sfor used an EeePC with some degrees of success, see the dedicated thread here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/122401-asus-eee-pc-and-windows-9x/

though a 900 not a 1000, but maybe you can find something of use there.

jaclaz

this is odd, i have a working windows 95 build that works with acpi support, computer automatically shut downs when selecting shut down option without showing the "it is now safe to turn of your computer" message. i believe windows 95 osr 2.5 was the first to implement this function, im not sure why other people had problems with acpi, even with windows 98 which should have better support. 

i believe windows 95 osr 2.5 was the first to implement this function, im not sure why other people had problems with acpi, even with windows 98 which should have better support.

There's really nothing to be unsure about: it's a very well known fact that ACPI support on 9x/ME is problematic, to say the least.

The fact that you have a specific setup (or even more than one) in which ACPI works fine should be included among those rare exceptions that confirm the rule. I'm really glad it never was a problem for you, believe me. But do not generalize, based solely on your experience, because there are really many cases known of serious problemas with ACPI (and, sometimes, even with APM).

Sfor used an EeePC with some degrees of success, see the dedicated thread here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/122401-asus-eee-pc-and-windows-9x/

though a 900 not a 1000, but maybe you can find something of use there.

jaclaz

this is odd, i have a working windows 95 build that works with acpi support, computer automatically shut downs when selecting shut down option without showing the "it is now safe to turn of your computer" message. i believe windows 95 osr 2.5 was the first to implement this function, im not sure why other people had problems with acpi, even with windows 98 which should have better support. 

No official version of Windows 95 has any ACPI support, you must be confusing it with APM.

It is purely unrelated that Windows 95 turns off the machine and does not show the "It is now safe to turn off your computer" message when shutting down; this is a difference between older AT-powered machines versus newer ATX-powered machines. It has nothing to do with ACPI, it is simply a normal function of an ATX motherboard and power supply.

It has nothing to do with ACPI, it is simply a normal function of an ATX motherboard and power supply.

True. But since one can turn off the machine by using the ACPI or the APM interface (when using an ATX motherboard), many see it as part of the power management functionality.