Universal Image using sysprep + imaging tool

I two PCs, one with win& x64 and other with win7 32bit. I need to setup 14 PCs, some with win7 x32 and some with win7 x64 depending on the processor support. Some are C2D some are single core and some are quadcore with different SATA. I download the latest driver packs and using the vernalex tool (SysPrep Driver Scanner) scanned/added the drivers ( chipset and mass storage drivers only)and also copied the drivers in the c:\windows\INF folder(no unattend.xml file).. Then I ran sysprep(OOBE and generalize) followed by shutdown. Backed up the image using acronis(my version does not have universal restore) When I reimahed another PC with the image the PC hets stuck in a boot loop. If any expert around here could please help me with a few questions. I am fimiliar with the winXP image creation but not with Win 7 since my first attemp was a dismal failure.

1. Do I need to add textmode drivers for the SATA storage? If yes how/whichtool?

2. Is it possible to add SATA drivers to the current install that is stuck in the boot loop?

3. Is there any utility to get all the drivers without installing win 7 on the machine

4. Is there a guide for what I am trying to do.

TIA

Edited by nutcr0cker

Your process is probably wrong, but we would first need to know what is causing the image not to boot. What you can do is redeploy the image, then using F8 during first boot, choose to disable Automatic Restart on System Failure. If the computer ends up bugchecking, then it won't restart automatically and you can see the error.

Thank you for your insight. I used 'F8" key and disabled the "Automatic Restart on System Failure" and yet the computer rebooted. I ran in safe mode and the last driver it loads was classPnP and then reboots. Thank you for your time and effort in helping out. Any things I could try further?

Regards

nutcr0cker

You can't use Safe Mode on first boot.

I think maybe you are trying to do too much at once. I would recommend trying to start simple. Install and capture a Windows image, then redeploy it to another system or VM. Don't worry about drivers and software right away. Once you are confident you can do the OS properly, then start working on the other stuff.

Try this article out:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee523217%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

But there is an error in it. Where it says to choose Work as Network Location, choose Public instead. Choosing a network location should never be done on an image and if you have to (such as in OOBE) then you choose Public. The other two will generate an error when you sysprep the OS.

Also you can use DISM instead of Imagex if you want.