Thread freezes

NoelC

Something basic is wrong with this thread...  It locks up for some seconds after following the link in my Content list to the last post.  I've seen it in two different browsers.  Maybe it's got something to do with that big block of text, I don't know.

-Noel

I haven't noticed any problems lately with freezing with that thread or any other on this forum, FWIW.  As to that large block of text, maybe a mod could enclose that in spoiler tags and see if that makes any difference?

Cheers and Regards

I've not seen it on any other threads, just that one, and it only recently started happening.  I've confirmed it with IE, Safari, and Firefox, though with the latter two it only lasts for a second or two, so it may not be noticeable.  I suspect IE may be thrashing in a script somewhere, similar to what happens with long Microsoft forum threads.  That's what made me mention the possibility it has to do with the length of the text.

IE's network monitor shows the last thing requested is /board/favicon.ico.  Then there's a 15 second delay, then the page will then respond to scrolling.  None of the requests stretches out to the end time; this implies it's something that's running locally in the browser causing the delay.

-Noel

I noticed that xper was the one that enclosed the block of text in code tags a week or so after it was originally posted.  Surely nothing he did had anything to do with this issue?

Cheers and Regards

I noticed that xper was the one that enclosed the block of text in code tags a week or so after it was originally posted.  Surely nothing he did had anything to do with this issue?

Squealer! :w00t::ph34r: 

;)

jaclaz

No, the issue occurred before that edit was made.