Google extends support for Chrome on XP

JorgeA

Google Will Still Support Chrome On Windows XP Until The End Of The Year

Never mind the editorializing in the article about using an "antiquated and insecure" OS, the question is: what (if anything) will XP users do when, sooner or later, all major and minor browsers stop issuing updated versions for Windows XP? Will you stay on the last version that supported XP and try to increase your defenses some other way? Will you move to a more recent OS? Will you take some other measures?

Just curious.

--JorgeA

Edited by JorgeA

The latest Chrome is a (*cough*) hog, IMHO. I tried it and, nope, don't like it. Space eater, too.

Now, as for PaleMoon, never tried it. I've stuck with FireFox. You might also note this.

What is PM4XP?

Pale Moon for Windows XP is a 3rd Party Contributed build of the popular "Firefox alternative" browser Pale Moon

'Nuff said!

I think this is great news. Obviously Windows XP still isn't dead, and it's good that Google is acknowledging that. I wonder when Firefox will leave Windows XP behind?

For what it's worth, I'm still using Firefox 28.0 on multiple operating systems, which is now a whole 10 versions behind the current. Basically because it was the last version of Firefox before the Australis user interface was implemented. And also because it just sorta works with every website I visit still.

On occasion I even still use Internet Explorers 7 and 8. I honestly don't think having the latest and greatest browser is all that important, as long as it supports the necessary technologies, is stable and has a good user interface.

Edited by MrMaguire