When Registering for this Forum Why Isn't Scotland Listed as a Country

Radish

Hi,

I just registered to join MSFN forum. While I was registering I had the option of choosing the country I stay in. I looked in the list and unfortuately could only find the United Kingdom (UK) as the 'country' that I could be said to be in. So I had to register with that one. Problem now is that I have a Union Jack showing as my 'country' flag - and God I so dislike being associated with that flag.

So, could I ask that MSFN split the UK up into its constituent parts, of which there are four:

Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, England

And, of course, add in the respective flags.

Just a thought, I would feel much happier being able to register as being in Scotland (rather than the UK).

• 11 months later...

Is it possible to add missing "none specified" option back to select list?

I am from Taiwan, so choosing the option "Taiwan, Province of China" becomes a problem for me. If I choose the option, it is inevitable that I have to spend time dealing with political arguments or online harassment.

The note about ISO 3166 in English Wikipedia explains why it matters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1#cite_note-18

Google avoids this political issue by changing the option "Country" to "Country/Region".  So I think the "none specified" option is still necessary.

• xper changed the title to When Registering for this Forum Why Isn't Scotland Listed as a Country