Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

I like that!  simple, creative, easy to organize, etc.  It extends the "desktop" metaphor.  Thanks for sharing!

Cheers and Regards

Yep :), the base image is here:

http://i.imgur.com/jYshZ.jpg

a similar (IMHO nicer, or at least with more shelf space) is here:

http://i.imgur.com/lcHhN.png

(warning images are biggish)

Preview:

http://www.freeplaza.it/sfondi-desktop-per-arredare-con-le-icone/#more-2612

sfondi1.jpg

sfondi3.png

and here is a more photo-realistic one:

http://occhiodivetro.altervista.org/sfondo-desktop-scaricabile/

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

New monitor, new DreamScene in 3440x1440 goodness. To see the animated desktop, click the YouTube video link. :-)

Screen capture of my beloved Elementalist (Guild Wars 2) as Windows 7 DreamScene desktop background.
desktop_dreamscene_fireheart_rise_ultraw
Youtube HD video

System Tray: GeForce Experience | Malwarebytes Anti Malware | Winamp | Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise | ZoneAlarm | Windows Security Essentials | TrayIconMenu | TrueCrypt | UPS Battery status

System specs

Time for a new DreamScene. This time my journey brought me to Diessa Plateau (Guild Wars 2). Something special this time is that it is recorded during dawn time, which only lasts 5 minutes. (Day lasts 70 minutes in-game and night 40 minutes.)

desktop_dreamscene_diessa_plateau_ultraw
Youtube HD video

System Tray icons: Microsoft EMET | Security Essentials | nVidia Geforce Experience | Malwarebytes | Winamp | ZoneAlarm | TrayIcon Menu | TrueCrypt

• Upvote 1

Monitors. They just keep getting wider and wider, don't they?

• Upvote 1

Here's mine:

win7desktop.JPG

At first glance, you might say it's XP with a windows 7 Ultimate caption in the start menu, but it's not! This is a genuine Windows 7 Ultimate desktop, tweaked to look as close to XP as I can make it.

Tweaks used:

I also took icons from a real XP installation and applied them over their 7-based counterparts.

The only thing I need to work on is the system tray. It still uses the okay, but bland looking 7 icons. I want the XP icons there too, but I haven't learned how to do it, yet.

c

Edited by cc333

On 18.08.2016 at 12:10 AM, cc333 said:

7+ Taskbar Tweaker

With 7+ Taskbar Tweaker you can reduce the space between tray icons to the same space as in XP (it is a hidden option, accessible via registry).

Really? I never thought of that possibility!

Based on some basic Googling, it appears that I should begin by tweaking tray_icons_padding.

I haven't touched it for awhile, but with this new information, perhaps I'll revisit it and see if I can refine it some more.

The next step after this would be to get Windows Explorer windows (particularly the toolbars and address bar) to look more XP-like.

Thanks!

c

11 hours ago, cc333 said:

it appears that I should begin by tweaking tray_icons_padding.

It should be 2 for Win95-WinXP appearance.

Hi,

The OPs Windows 7 desktop looks quite nice,

and the classic XP/2000 desktop is an interesting concept

Beau H.