Outlook 2016 questions

mike13

I have a test computer that I have Windows 10 on. I recently downloaded the trial version of Office 2016 which includes Outlook 2016.  I setup my email info. on this computer so I can retrieve my emails from this computer also. I put the Outlook icon on the taskbar. When I click on that Outlook icon to open Outlook, as soon as Outlook opens, I see ALL my new emails at once. Usually ten or more overnight. On my other much faster and newer computer running Office 2013 and Windows 8.1, and Outlook 2013, when I open Outlook, my emails are downloaded one at a time, much slower. Is Outlook 2016 that much faster than Outlook 2013.

Question 2. I have at least 20 folders down the left hand side, inbox, Outbox, Deleted, etc. All the folders (except the INBOX) have the same columns at the top. First sorted by date, and then these columns    ..FROM, SUBJECT, RECEIVED, SIZE, which I like. The INBOX starts by date and then has the Subject under the From in the same column. I would assume that since this is a trial version, there are still some issues. But as I said, all the other columns are fine.

Any suggestions, Thanks, Mike

...or maybe, just maybe, it has a setting that allows it to download the emails in background and when you actually open it the result is instantaneous because the e-mails have been already downloaded? :unsure:

Something similar to the setting to auto send/receive maybe?

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/17890/schedule-auto-send-receive-in-microsoft-outlook/

jaclaz

jaclaz, Thanks for the reply. I am talking about a startup. I usually wait a minute or two, and then click on the

Outlook 2016 icon on the taskbar. It seems like I see the 10 or 12 emails messages at once, instead of them downloading one at a time. The computer that is running Windows 10 and Outlook 2016 is about 10 years old, and has an Intel I3 series processor with 6 gig of memory. My main computer is two years old, running Windows 8.1, has an Intel I7 processor and 8 gig of memory. So, speed should be on the side of the newer computer with the I7 processor and 8 gig of memory. Just my findings, Mike