Drivers for Windows 2000 for ASRock QC5000-ITX/WiFi motherboard?

I have installed Windows 2000 to this motherboard but I didn't find any unofficial driver. Are there any drivers for usb 3.0 (I haven't problem if it works at 2.0 speed) and for graphics? Information about the motherboad here.

Thanks in advance!!

First I should say that I tried some things with the official drivers, I modded the inf files from Windows XP drivers (deleted NTx86 and .NT) and Windows 2k used these drivers, i installed them from device manager, Windows installed the devices, but there are problems.

About USB, the chipset is Etron, I used the official driver but the device can't start, it says “error code 10, the device can not start” or something like this. I installed an AMD USB 3.0 Host Controller driver for the second usb unknown device it listed in device manager, and it says “The device is working properly” but the USB 3.0 ports don't respond.

I also installed the SMBus driver, I also modded it first.

Then I modded the inf file for display driver, I installed it, and the device manager says the device is working properly, but the only resolution is working is still 640x480 with 16 colors, and from display properties, in settings tab, says the adapter is VGA, it doesn't recognise the card. I clicked advanced and the card was unkown it sayed.

Then I installed the rest of drivers (network, sound) but there is still an unknown device.

What do you mean with VEN/DEV values?

And thank you for responding!

Edited by chrv80

Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller : PCI\VEN_1B6F&DEV_7052&SUBSYS_70521849&REV_00\4&3a198ec7&0&0014

AMD Radeon HD 8330 : PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9832&SUBSYS_98321849&REV_00\3&11583659&0&08

I found them with another program since device manager hasn't details tab in prooperties window.

Edited by chrv80

A wee bit of info on the USB3 -

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=6269

BTW, Google on the VEN_xxxx&DEV_xxxx string to get some (potential) driver links.

WARNING: Some sites want you to download a "downloader". DO NOT DO IT!

Usually they have a "Step 1 / Step 2 / Step 3" verbiage associated with it to "install" something.

These are Downloader programs and are abig red "Uh-uh!" flag.

HTH.

BTW, Google on the VEN_xxxx&DEV_xxxx string to get some (potential) driver links.

Usually they have a "Step 1 / Step 2 / Step 3" verbiage associated with it to "install" something.

HTH.

I googled the VEN_xxxx&DEV_xxxx string and I found some other versions of driver (Etron USB), I installed them but nothing changed, still error code 10, still says "The device cannot start". Also checked the link, tried to download the driver, but when I tried to download it there was a problem, the file wasn't still there. So I tried to change the installation directory of the driver but it didn't work.

I think Etron USB driver requires XP compatible USB 2.0 driver as same as NEC RENESAS driver.

Correct me if I am wrong, but do you mean Etron USB will not work, right?

And if USB 3.0 is impossible to work, can I somehow make the display adapter work?

BTW, Thank you, all of you, for the help!

Edited by chrv80

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1756432.html

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1756614.html

Here is my test articles.

I hope to make your help.

HTH.

I googled the VEN_xxxx&DEV_xxxx string and I found some other versions of driver (Etron USB), I installed them but nothing changed, still error code 10, still says "The device cannot start". Also checked the link, tried to download the driver, but when I tried to download it there was a problem, the file wasn't still there. So I tried to change the installation directory of the driver but it didn't work.

I think Etron USB driver requires XP compatible USB 2.0 driver as same as NEC RENESAS driver.

Correct me if I am wrong, but do you mean Etron USB will not work, right?

And if USB 3.0 is impossible to work, can I somehow make the display adapter work?

BTW, Thank you, all of you, for the help!

Nice work!! Unfortunatelly I haven't XP drivers so I can't try it at the moment.. :(  But as soon as I find these files I will try it! Have you got any idea for making the display adapter work?

Your default graphic board is Integrated AMD Radeon™ HD 8330 Graphics.

The Windows 2000 AMD Driver does not stable very much.

I recomend you to buy NVIDIA high-end graphic board.

Edited by blackwingcat