Google Maps not displaying in Opera 12.02

Prozactive

I noticed this for the first time today. They worked normally a few days ago but now all Google Maps only display a blank white page. Anyone else experiencing this and/or have any ideas how to solve this problem? Thanks.

Thanks for your replies. Google Maps suddenly started working again this morning. I did come across some info on the Web that they just retired "Classic" maps for some new "Maps Lite" or something similar. I suspect the transition had something to do with this problem.

Update: Upon further review, apparently Classic maps have not been fully retired yet. I'm viewing Classic maps again now and I suspect that's why they still work. I'm concerned whether the new "Lite Mode" maps will properly display in Opera or give the blank white page as before. Trying to figure out how to transmit my concerns to Google...

Edited by Prozactive

Interesting. www.google.pl/maps/ do work for some reason but www.google.com/maps/ do not as I've noted.

I was finally able to submit feedback to Google using another computer and browser but I don't have high hopes for this problem being fixed.

In FF 2 I changed my user-agent to Firefox 36 / Win 8.1 and entered "maps.google.com" into the browser. It was redirected to https www.google.com/maps/@?dg=oo and ultimately displayed nothing. View Page Source showed a lot of code that FF was, apparently, unable to render. I copied that URL and brought it into Opera 12.02. Opera was eventually redirected to https: www.google.com/maps/@45.0023714,-165.1106618,4z. The location 45/-165 is just some default starting point in the middle of the pacific ocean.

I haven't explored any map functionality yet beyond capturing this initial Opera screen:post-357900-0-40180000-1430400720_thumb.

Update: The maps interface seems to work fine. I can move the map, zoom in, and go into street-view mode just fine.

Edited by Nomen

Finally figured it out. I forgot I had JS blocked for Google (www.google.com and subtier URLs) in Opera site prefs from a long time ago, and when they switched from Classic maps to the new maps (Lite mode, etc.), the URLs changed from maps.google.com to www.google.com/maps, hence invoking the JS block for Google. Enabling JS allows the new Google Maps (Lite mode) to display again.