intel 845 graphics on windows 95

cov3rt

bumping this thread again, has anyone actually got a working driver for the 845 / 865 graphics on windows 95? reason being is because i just checked asus's site for a few of their motherboards and they actually mention win95 under the section for the vga graphics for the "Intel(R) Brookdale-G Graphics Controller" which links to the 845 graphics and "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2562" being the hardware id. i was not able to get this particular graphics to work on certain systems, one of which was a dell dimension 1100 or 2400, not sure which one. the exact problem was that the system would either show the driver working in device manager but keep asking to set the resolution in the display adapter which i would but it wouldn't change it and would just do the same thing over and over after restarting the system, other instances, the driver wouldn't even be working in device manager. i don't remember the exact processes i had to do.

is there a specific way that i would need to get this graphics to work on windows 95, being that the older operating systems tend to be a little nitpicky on the way things need to be setup. i usually install the driver through the changing display adapter way, but on some instances, it may need to be necessary to run the setup.exe of the driver package. i think i remember one of the installers mentioned to run the setup.exe, but not restart the system, then go to the add or remove hardware wizard to detect new devices, to which it would install more devices, and from there, you would need to restart, but all this doesn't make sense, why should you need to do that? i never seen a device need that sort of configuration. im not sure if this was even for windows 95. i have copied and pasted the link to the site of asus below that mentions the driver for win95 for the brookdale-g graphics for the P4BGL-VM motherboard, also the oldest driver i have found for ""PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2562" was version 4.13.01.3023, i don't know if i tested this one before, but the one that asus posted is newer, sometimes newer drivers work, sometimes older ones work. i looked a revision history of the brookdale-g graphics and they had some releases that may been even earlier than the 4.13.01.3023 that i found, but i couldn't find any ones older than that.

http://www.asus.com/support/Download/1/15/9/1/1/

http://www.asus.com/Static_WebPage/Windows_XP_Intel_Socket_478/

Edited by cov3rt

VGA Display Adapter not= Monitor INF
These are two separate pieces of hardware that "talk" to each other, much like an IDE Controller "talks" to the HDD.

Did you install an INF for the specific Monitor? VGA can only set (and keep) a Resolution according to what it can detect, AFAIK. In particular, if it doesn't show as a PnP then it definitely needs an INF for it installed.

i never had to manually install an inf for the monitors on w95, they were all plug and play and loaded from the beginning of the os, they would either show up as default monitor, unknown monitor, or plug and play monitor ( i think that's what i said ), and all of them worked with graphics processing units other than the 845.

are you saying that its possible that i may need to update the monitor's drivers for it work properly together with certain gpu's like the 845 graphics?