Need Help Regarding A Software I Built

goonline

I work for a small software firm and we're looking for a secure way to distribute our software on a USB stick. 

What will be the BEST Process for that includes licensing, costs ,fees regarding operating system or software that i will use.

1. Run windows

2. Run from Linux an able to run EXE software.

3. Run On MAC.

Thank you,

Good day.

Mike R.

Edited by goonline
removed link to software - read the rules please

Define "secure", first thing.

Describe your licensing model.

Tell us WHY exactly you plan to ditribute it "on a USB stick".

Conversely, and as a side note, IF you actually already manged to have your software:

1. Run windows
2. Run from Linux an able to run EXE software.
3. Run On MAC.

most probably you know better than most of us. :unsure:

jaclaz

Check the Protection Plus 5 SDK by SoftwareKey.  You integrate their library into your application to gain activation services and their SOLO server product (which either you can run or you can have them run) serves downloads, licensing, etc.

-Noel

Maybe you could contact this group out of Orlando, Florida since that have already done the same exact thing

Out of curiosity, WHAT is "the same exact thing"? :unsure:

Or "same exact thing" as WHAT? :w00t:

With all due respect for the good iCloak guys :), seemingly they got Tails, stuffed it on a USB stick and aren't going to tell us what exactly they did to it:

https://icloak.org/free-tools/

http://wiki.icloak.org/Build_Your_Own_ICLOAK_for_Free

https://tails.boum.org/

At the end of the day, what you should get is a YALLDB (Yet Another Live Linux Derivative Build) oriented to privacy/security.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Well, not really.

The OP talked generically of "licensing, costs ,fees" and "distribution" of "software", which - usually - means a program or a set of programs, while an Operating System, though still "software" is usually a tadbit more complex and referred to as "Operating System" (and usually has already built-in - if any - means regarding "licensing, costs ,fees").

The good guys @icloak seemingly provide an Operating System (which as said sounds a lot like a re-branding of Tails, possibly heavily modified) allegedly "secure" or "more secure" than the original.

But it should still be a Linux based OS (limited to "safe" browsing) , that DEFINITELY WON'T "Run Windows", and very likely (for security reasons) won't, unlike what most Linux distro's do, include WINE or other provision for Windows executables or more generally ".EXE".

https://icloak.org/#features

Quick Boot Time
ICLOAK’s Operating System boots in under a minute.

Malware/Virus Proof
ICLOAK is immune to any form of malware, key-logging, spyware, viruses and other malicious software that might be on the computer you are using.

Secure OS + Browser
ICLOAK’s settings are pre-configured to give you the safest browsing experience possible.

Pure Anonymous Browsing
ICLOAK ensures your online activity remains completely private while browsing the Internet or storing files.

MAC Spoofing and IP Switching
ICLOAK spoofs your MAC (Media Access Control) address each time you connect to a network and changes your IP address so it looks like your in a different location altogether.

Easy-to-Use
Plug ICLOAK Stik into the USB drive of any Mac or PC device, reboot and you have 100% anonymity and privacy in under a minute.

For the record, I would be curious also to know HOW EXACTLY one is supposed to "Plug ICLOAK Stick (sic) into the USB drive"

They owe me at least 20 bucks. :w00t:

dictionary.gif

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Well I have used the software without any issues and it uses a Linux base O.S. with the Tor browser and will run Word and Excel which last time I checked is Windows compatible.

~DP :w00t:

Edited by DosProbie

Well I have used the software without any issues and it uses a Linux base O.S. with the Tor browser and will run Word and Excel which last time I checked is Windows compatible.

~DP :w00t:

WHICH software are you talking of? :unsure:

There is NO "software", only software AND hardware, bundled in a icloak stick, more properly, as said a portable, "live", Operating Systems pre-configured/pre-deployed on a USB stick.

You do own a icloak stick?

And a PRO version while at it?

In this specific case, "linux" is a tadbit too generic, is it Tails (modified) is it Ubuntu based, is it Debian modified?

According to their documentation:

https://icloak.org/support/

What’s the difference between the Pro and Standard version of ICLOAK?

Both versions give you a private browsing experience, a secure operating system and a password management tool. The pro version, however, provides you with office software that is similar to Microsoft Office (like Abiword and GNU Calc). In addition, we also plan to include private messaging tools and a Bitcoin wallet in the next update. We have many additional feature ideas and are still working on exactly what will be included in each version of ICLOAK.

there is NO Microsoft Office in EITHER versions AND ONLY in the Pro version there are "alternatives", namely Abiword and GNU calc. Which, if this piece of info is accurate, are IMNSHO "meh" :wacko: .

Not that the documentation is in any way accurate, or updated or both, BTW:

. ICLOAK is based on Ubuntu and runs only in RAM, just like Tails. 

whilst Tails is Debian based:

https://tails.boum.org/index.en.html

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz