Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
el_coco

Add/Remove programs modifications [WIP]

Hello!

Well, I know Win9x it's really old, but I'll like to add this small contribution to everyone.

I liked the Tihiys Add/Remove programs replacement, but I'll like to run that one every time I go in the control panel and click Add/Remove programs.

I've talked with Tihiy and he doesn't have the sources for that project anymore, so I'll have to re create it from scratch.

However, a nice feature that I'll like to add is a small hook for the "Windows Components" option, which would modify the original window and embedd into the "Add/Remove replacement". Here I'll share an .exe that does that. (Note: This is not yet the full Add/Remove replacement, just the "Windows Components" wrapper, but this is going to be embedded in the final replacement)

Please note that this project would also hook the execution of "Add/Remove Programs" while its running (either from control panel or command line), and redirect that to run "C:\Windows\System\Programs.exe" (the original program from Tihiy).

However this is not necessary for the final version (since we can replace the .cpl file for Add/Remove progams and add a small proxy code there).

Please comment if you like this and if you woul'd like to see the full Add/Remove programs replacement (which should look like the XP one).

Also comment if this crashes or if it doesn't work as expected!

post-214393-0-25505200-1428795299_thumb.

AddRemoveHook_binaries.rar

PS: Should be multi lingual!

Edited by el_coco
  • Upvote 1