SoundBlaster 16 PnP VS USB on Win95B

bizzybody

The ones I had, the steel layers inside slid apart. One layer had "keyhole" slots and the other had pins with flat heads. Took a bit of force to slide things but once moved a little they came apart easily.

I've taken a few quick pictures of my keyboards, they can be found here. You can see the internal metal plate in one picture. I've dismantled each of them at some point, for clean-up but as far as I can remember none of them has the sliding mechanism you mentioned. I wish they did!

I just checked the one I have (and I am using) and it is a much earlier model 1987 as year of manufacturing and Made in the UK, the label seems much older than that and has no reference to model or to FCC compliance.

Cannot say when/which model it was the one I opened, but it had exactly the same connections for the plates as the ones shown in your pics.

jaclaz

Have a look at the five new pictures just uploaded. It's an 1986 model originally with no LEDs. Also manufactured in the UK as yours. ;)

Two of the active ones have no original label at all at the bottom, but one has an additional smaller label where I signed myself with the purchase date: Sept 21, 1999 (see pics).

That is my very first keyboard ever, still in use today!

Third active one has a manufacturing date on the label of Sept 27, 1993.

And I had another one that I took with me at work about 8-9 years ago (been a couple months with a printing house) and never got it back. It was fully operational and freshly cleaned, I still regret it.

Here we go again hijacking another topic... :blushing:

Have a look at the five new pictures just uploaded. It's an 1986 model originally with no LEDs. Also manufactured in the UK as yours. ;)

Yep, same kind of almost anonymous label.

Here we go again hijacking another topic... :blushing:

Somewhat yes, :( sorry bizzybody , on the other hand, if someone has an M keyboard he/she doesn't really need a working soundcard, as the clickity click click would be ruined by having it enabled ....

jaclaz