Blocking updates

bookie32

Hi guys!

A while ago there was the problem with Windows IE 10 and 11 on certain computers...KB2670838 caused blue screens on a lot of different brands of laptops etc...

Now I removed and blocked the Windows IE 10 and 11 because of the blue screen problem....but I have just received a computer with the exact same problem....Windows IE 10 and 11 were still blocked but KB2670838 had slipped under the net and was causing blue screens again...

I have removed it and everything is OK again....but how do I block it...I have had windows search for updates and it isn't coming up as an update....

How do I block an update that doesn't show up as an update?

I don't want my customer getting caught with this crap again....

bookie32

P.S. I am so glad that IE is going down the toilet....should have happened years ago....

Edited by bookie32

Is this the issue?: http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2670838

Compatibility issues on certain computers that have hybrid video cards Important Some computers that have a combination of Intel and AMD video cards in a hybrid configuration have drivers installed that are incompatible with this platform update.

After you install this update and then restart the computer, the computer may crash because of these compatibility issues. In this situation, you receive a Stop error message that resembles the following:

2827827.jpg

Note This Stop error includes the "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" text and the Igdpmd64.sys or Igdpmd32.sys file name.

To resolve this issue, you may have to install update 2834140 ("0x00000050" Stop error after you install update 2670838 on a computer that is running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1). Additionally, use the following tables to install the latest compatible drivers for your video card.

If so there's a "fix": http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2834140

"0x00000050" Stop error after you install update 2670838 on a computer that is running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

All supported x86-based versions of Windows 7

"0x00000050" Stop error after you install update 2670838 on a computer that is running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

All supported x86-based versions of Windows 7

All supported x64-based versions of Windows 7 

HTH. :)

Edited by PinkFreud

Hi PinkFreud!

OK I will give it a try....

Can't remember now ....but I am sure I tried all solutions before and it still didn't stop the blue screens....

I will keep you posted on the outcome...

Thanks!

bookie32