Microsoft actively delete negative but constructive feedback

StefansART

Microsoft actively delete negative but constructive feedback

I have started to wonder if Microsoft really is serious about that people should give them feedback.

I have noticed that some comments on this forum, and even full threads on Technet has been removed.

Proof from Technet (one of several):

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/48b116cf-839e-49a8-91db-aa6d4b2bcec5/windows-10-is-god-awful?forum=WinPreview2014Feedback

I have asked Microsoft about this, but they refuse to answer....

To me it is clear that they just don't care about what we write.

I POSTED THIS COMMENT (ABOVE) ON THEIR Win10 TP Forum this morning (CET) and this afternoon they deleted it....

... I have started to wonder if Microsoft really is serious about that people should give them feedback. 

It depends, they are serious about positive feedback and not-so-serious about negative feedback.

I.e. they are as serious as the sign of the feedback, +=serious, -=not serious, after all negative quantities do not exist, right? ;)

jaclaz 

@StefanART

I'd like to help you understand the meaning ot "constructive feedback".

Stefan,

I've just visited you music page on SoundCloud. Gosh, your music is GODAWFUL!

You didn't think this was very constructive, did you?

Ok, don't worry, I'm not meaning it, I'm just making a point.

But, Stefan, is it so hard to accept that the same way you create music, there might be other people, creating other things? Like Windows, an OS you've probably used to create your own music?

So I totally agree with MS moderators deleting meaningless and offensive messages like yours "Windows 10 is god awful" thread.

Honestly, I just think they mindlessly delete posts when other people complain (i.e. by pressing the Report button).  Maybe they delete entire threads when people complain about the initial post.

There's plenty of criticism that's not deleted, if the user doesn't write it like a raving madman.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

@StefanART

I'd like to help you understand the meaning ot "constructive feedback".

Stefan,
I've just visited you music page on SoundCloud. Gosh, your music is GODAWFUL!

You didn't think this was very constructive, did you?
Ok, don't worry, I'm not meaning it, I'm just making a point.

But, Stefan, is it so hard to accept that the same way you create music, there might be other people, creating other things? Like Windows, an OS you've probably used to create your own music?

So I totally agree with MS moderators deleting meaningless and offensive messages like yours "Windows 10 is god awful" thread.

Without knowledge of the actual content of the post it is impossible to assess it as meaningless or offensive like you do in such a fallacious  and patronizing  manner...  ;)

Its title it is certainly neither meaningless nor offensive, it just unequivocally express the strong negative opinion many people seem to have.

Microsoft is a gigantic monopoly and they act in a totalitarian manner in every way IMHO, no real criticism allowed.

Without knowledge of the actual content of the post it is impossible to assess it as meaningless or offensive like you do in such a fallacious  and patronizing  manner...   ;)

Maybe he read it before it was deleted.  I did.

Edit:  I remember reading a thread about Windows being "God Awful".  I only assume it was the one in question.  Given that a lot of folks feel pretty strongly that might not be a valid assumption.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

You'll be interested to know I've been banned from the Microsoft forum.

Apparently, providing evidence that certain whiny individuals are being untruthful in their glowing comments about Windows 10 is just too much for Microsoft to handle.

-Noel

Noel,

I cannot believe that for all the positive and negative feedback that you have given that you would be banned from the Microsoft forums.  You have always spoken the truth from your point of view and given valid logical reasons to support your arguments. It is a sad day for one speaking their mind about improving a beta product and offending the powers that be.  I hope you will still give us your opinions on this forum.

Thanks for all the good work.  Please continue to speak out.

I posted a fair bit of (tell it like it really is about Win 10, which unfortunately you could say is primarily negative) feedback over there, but the catalyst was a specific prolific poster.

This is silly stuff - sorry, Tripredacus, and thanks, win2kreviver and Andre...  Drew1903 insisted in spouting BS that Windows 10 is better and faster with the proof being, "if you run an internet speed test you'll find that it runs faster in a Win 10 VM than on the host Win 8.1 system".  That is just wrong on so many levels.  I did the test, did not get his result (big surprise), posted a screen grab of my result, and asked him to repeat his test and show a screen grab of his results.  I used wording like "picture or it didn't happen", which he took as a personal insult and got all whiney with the forum moderator.

It seems that being the boy who points out that the Emperor has no clothes isn't what it used to be.

-Noel

I used wording like "picture or it didn't happen", which he took as a personal insult and got all whiney with the forum moderator.

Hmmm, pretty modern slang... :unsure: 

Why, in my day ....

JMB3aTq.jpg

;)

jaclaz