Will Galaxy S6 be your next phone?

beehold

What’s going to be your next phone? Will it be Galaxy S6? Well frankly speaking, I'm amazed by the screen and new design. Non-removable battery/SD card could be a problem but I am going to try some extended battery case. Samsung finally realized that importance of design.

Based on past experience, I'd consider having a removable battery to be essential. Androids seem to have a habit of eventually locking up and a battery reseat is the only way to recover. Also, I don't like devices where you can't replace the battery... Apple brings this up with the Ipod/phone products... where if the battery needs to be replaced you just have to buy a whole new phone instead.

Apple brings this up with the Ipod/phone products... where if the battery needs to be replaced you just have to buy a whole new phone instead.

Not really-really as the phone can be disassembled and re-assembled after having replaced the battery, though it is not something that I would ever advise someone without a lot of experience in disassembling, repairing and reassembling tiny/delicate electronic devices to even think about :w00t:.

Last Apple thingy I replaced a battery, an IPhone 3GS (clearly well outside any warranty ;)  and otherwise worth virtually nothing) has been - believe me -  a nightmare  (and I am told that newer devices are worse :ph34r:), I would say that it was the first device EVER that I actually needed a series of instructions with pictures because otherwise I would have not been able to disassemble and reassemble, still it is doable.

However, you are perfectly right :), a non replaceable battery makes no sense whatsoever and I wouldn't ever want to pay good money for a device with such a "wrong" design.

jaclaz

• 2 years later...