WinINSTALL LE

mazin

• 6 months later...

Adminstudio is the sh!+, but wininstall is not bad at all.

I did an admin install of Wininstall setup, my 7ziped installer is less than 7MB.!

Adminstudio is now weighing in at about 350MB!! :wacko:

Good to have around to just take a quick look at what's occured during a system event.

Very powerfull for its size.

@appollo,

for nero6, (7 gone way of meia creator, yuk!) try NCAB, then unpack, peek aound at what's been done, add yur tweaks, & repack w/7z if you like. Adminstudio will pack it to .msi, but check out NCAB, right here @MSFN. Nero6 just updated. New NVE gave problems w/NCAB. You can just add the one file it misses manually & repack. I had to add cdr100.dll from the extracted setup myself, watch for this.

check this out...

ftp://ftp.ondemandsoftware.com/Products/Tools/

post-46536-1138792422_thumb.jpg

Edited by thuun derboy

• 2 months later...

@mazin (or anyone who knows)

I've been using WinINSTALL and followed your directions to a tee for Adobe Acrobat.

I've kept the acropro.msi and the data1.cab and am trying to install it from a shared network drive.

\\%networkshare%\acropro.msi /QR but this merely opens the location of both files on the network. It doesn't actually install acrobat silently. Is there a work-around - I am fairly new to this so it could be something fairly simple, but any help would be great.

I originally started this silent install by using the InstallShieldTuner which turned out to be a nightmare.

Thanks in advance.

Updated:

When I type in the msiexec.exe /I \\%networkshare%\acropro.mst /QR it starts the installation and then I get this error:

"This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

Edited by Phoenix_Remind

• 2 years later...
Fourth Example

--------------------

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Pro

Before you start

Assuming you have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Pro installed on your computer, do the following:

1- Open Acrobat, then go to Edit --> Preferences --> Identity. Fill in the four fields with your information. Close Acrobat.

2- Go to Start --> Run --> type "regedit" without quotes. When the Registry Editor opens, expand this tree:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\6.0\Identity

Right-click "Identity", then choose export. The "Export Registry File" dialog box appears.

In the field "File name:", type "Identity" or whatever you want, then save the file on your desktop for convenience.

3- Expand this tree: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\6.0\Registration

When you click "Registration", you'll find a value on the right window named "SERIAL".

Right-click "SERIAL", then choose "Modify". The "Edit String" dialog box appears. There should be a number in the field "Value data:". Copy this number and paste it into a text document on your desktop.

4- Expand this tree: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\6.0\Registration

When you click "Registration", you'll find a value on the right window named "SERIAL".

Right-click "SERIAL", then choose "Modify". The "Edit String" dialog box appears. There should be a number in the field "Value data:".

This number should be as the same as the number you got in the previous step. If so, then you don't need to paste it into that text document. If different, then paste it.

Close your Registry Editor.

5- Now, right-click the file "Identity.reg", then choose "Edit". The file opens for editing.

Delete any characters in the four fields other than numbers and letters.

For example:

"tDepartment"=hex:49,54,20,44,65,70,61,72,74,6d,65,6e,74 becomes

"tDepartment"=4954204465706172746d656e74

"tDepartment" is left for reference only and won't be needed.

During next steps, when I say "paste your tDepartment", then I mean 4954204465706172746d656e74 only.

_________ START _____________________

It's sufficient to import "AcroPro6.msi" only to WinINSTALL, as the "Data1.cab" won't be edited.

1- Deleting shortcuts

Highlight "AcroPro6.msi"

Highlight "Shortcuts"

Delete "Learn More"

Delete "Download Driver"

Delete "Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard" of "[iNSTALLDIR]Acrobat\Acrobat.exe"

Delete "Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional" of "[iNSTALLDIR]Acrobat\Acrobat.exe"

Delete "Acrobat Elements 6.0"

Delete "Acrobat Assistant" (This shortcut is normally put in the startup folder)

I don't need "Acrobat Assistant" to start every time I boot my PC. But, if you need it, then you don't have to delete its shortcut.

2- Registry tweaks

++++++++++ EULA - CURRENT USER

Highlight "AcroPro6.msi"

Highlight "Registry"

Expand tree: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\6.0\AdobeViewer

Click "AdobeViewer", if you don't see this value on the right window, then add it:

Value=EULA

Type=REG_DWORD

Data=1

I think you'll find it there already.

++++++++++ Updater

Expand tree: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\6.0

Right-click "6.0", then add a new key "Updater".

Right-click "Updater", then add these new values:

Value=bShowAutoUpdateConfDialog

Type=REG_DWORD

Data=0

Value=bShowNotifDialog

Type=REG_DWORD

Data=0

Value=iUpdateFrequency

Type=REG_DWORD

Data=0

++++++++++ Splash screen

Again, right-click "6.0", then add a new key "Originals".

Right-click "Originals", then add this new value:

Value=bDisplayAboutDialog

Type=REG_DWORD

Data=0

++++++++++ Measuring units (cm)

Value=iPageUnits

Type=REG_DWORD

Data=3

Don't add this value if you want measures to be in inches.

++++++++++ Browser Integration

Value=bBrowserIntegration

Type=REG_DWORD

Data=0 (a PDF document on the Internet opens in Adobe when you click it)

Data=1 (a PDF document on the Internet opens in your browser when you click it)

Of course, you either type 0 or 1.

++++++++++ Browser settings' check

Value=bBrowserCheck

Type=REG_DWORD

Data=0 (Adobe doesn't check your browser settings every time you open it)

Data=1 (Adobe checks your browser settings every time you open it)

Of course, you either type 0 or 1.

++++++++++ Internet connection speed

Once more, right-click "6.0", then add a new key "AVGeneral".

Right-click "AVGeneral", then add this new value:

Value=iConnectionSpeed

Type=REG_DWORD

Data=56000

If your connection speed is not 56 kbps, you can type your own speed. These values are available:

28800=28.8 kbps

33600=33.6 kbps

56000=56 kbps

112000=112 kbps

256000=256 kbps

384000=384 kbps

512000=512 kbps

756000=756 kbps

1000000=1 mbps

1500000=1.5 mbps

10000000=LAN

++++++++++ Show How To Windows At Startup

Right-click "6.0", then add a new key "AVHowToAutoShow".

Right-click "AVHowToAutoShow", then add this new value:

Value=bTasksHomePage

Type=REG_DWORD

Data=0

If you want "Show How To Windows At Startup" enabled, then don't add that key.

++++++++++ Identity

Once again, right-click "6.0", then add a new key "Identity".

Right-click "Identity", then add these new values:

Value=tCorporation

Type=REG_BINARY

Data=paste your tCorporation

Value=tDepartment

Type=REG_BINARY

Data=paste your tDepartment

Value=tEMail

Type=REG_BINARY

Data=paste your tEMail

Value=tName

Type=REG_BINARY

Data=paste your tName

This is what Adobe says about your identity, so you can decide to add the key or not:

Your identity information is used with comments, reviews, and digital signatures. Information entered here is secure and not transmitted beyond this application without your knowledge.

++++++++++ EULA - LOCAL MACHINE

Expand tree: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\6.0\AdobeViewer

Click "AdobeViewer", if you don't see this value on the right window, then add it:

Value=EULA

Type=REG_DWORD

Data=1

I think you'll find it there already.

++++++++++ Adobe Registration

Expand tree: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Registration

Click "Registration". There should be two values on the right window, "COMPAN" and "NAME".

Right-click each value and choose "Properties". In the String Editor, type what you want, without brackets.

This information is normally what you see when you open "System Properties" dialog box (Control Panel-->System). Also, you'll see it on the "About" screen of Adobe Acrobat.

Adobe will normally catch this information from the registry when installed, without having to be typed here. However, you have the choice of making "About" screen display different information.

++++++++++ Distiller Registration

Expand tree: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\6.0\Registration

Click "Registration". On the right window, there should be the value "SERIAL".

Right-click "SERIAL" and choose "Properties". In the String Editor, type your serial number without dashes and without brackets. This is the serial you've saved before.

++++++++++ Acrobat Registration

Expand tree: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\6.0\Registration

Click "Registration". On the right window, there should be the value "SERIAL".

Right-click "SERIAL" and choose "Properties". In the String Editor, type your serial number without dashes and without brackets. This is the serial you've saved before.

You'd type the same serial number for both Distiller and Acrobat. However, this is my situation.

++++++++++ PrintMe

Expand tree: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\PrintMe

Right-click "PrintMe" and choose "Delete".

Don't delete this key if you aren't going to execute step 3.

3- PrintMe

Highlight "General"

Expand "AcroPro6.msi"

Expand "View Adobe PDF"

Highlight "PrintMe" --> choose "Not Available"

4- Storage and command line

To store the installation files, copy the modified "AcroPro6.msi" from WinINSTALL directory along with "Data1.cab" from its original location both into a new folder on your hard disk. You'll need those two files only for installing Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Pro.

Now, you can test your modified installation. In your batch file, you should use this command:

Start /wait msiexec.exe /I AcroPro.msi /QR

For example:

Start /wait msiexec.exe /I %systemdrive%\install\AcroPro6\AcroPro.msi /QR

_________ FINISHED __________________

hi,

thanks for your excellent guide!!

now works well installation with this method....but i have spanish language, how to select english or another language???

thanks!!

see you soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to install Wininstallle as downloaded from this forum, but I can't get past it wanting a serial number. I have tried running the MSI with /qb from the temp directory. Any other ideas anyone?

I'm trying to install Wininstallle as downloaded from this forum, but I can't get past it wanting a serial number. I have tried running the MSI with /qb from the temp directory. Any other ideas anyone?

Link for a previous version (free). It can be installed silent from .msi file. Working links are on the bottom of that page.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The download from filewatcher was good (i used the .th server). To avoid the registration either run an admin install on the package or use uniextract. Then install the .msi with /quiet.

Still does not satisfy my need to be able to edit a single line in a single config file and leave like I was never there. But its good for extraction.

• 1 month later...