WinINSTALL LE

mazin

I am not using the ITW file. I install Acrobat Pro and the update from an unattended command file.

I am installing Acrobat Pro via the .msi file that I prepared using WinInstall LE 2003 per the instructions in this forum.

You will get the error you experienced if you do not path correctly to the Acrobat Pro .msi file.

Hope this helps.

Frank

I extracted the exe, deleted the two files "MSPLauncher.exe" and "defaultMSP.ini", then used "Ac60PrP1.msp" only to install the update.

I used the same switch:

start /wait msiexec.exe /p %systemdrive%\Install\AcroPro6\Ac60PrP1.msp REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=ALL /qb

It ran successfully, but asked for reboot at the end. But I should say that Acrobat was installed just five minutes before installing the update and without being used.

By the way, I used the modified package, you know.

How does one go about extracting these files from the Ac60PrP1.exe file? :)

<< Another alternative for installing Acrobat update >>

After extracting Ac60PrP1.exe using WinRAR or any, you should have three files:

- MSPLauncher.exe

- defaultMSP.ini

- Ac60PrP1.msp

Open defaultMSP.ini, then add these switches to the command line:

/qb REBOOT=ReallySuppress

So, the command line becomes:

MSPCmdLine=/p Ac60PrP1.msp REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=ALL /qb REBOOT=ReallySuppress

Put the three files in your $OEM$, then add this line to your batch file:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\AcroPro6\MSPLauncher.exe

Thank you Outer for the links. These versions should be more powerful.

Thanks Djus.

By the way, did you like ACDSee file associations method?

I haven't received any feedback! I'm afraid it isn't working well for some people!

One more post on Adobe Acrobat....

It appears that the msp file (for the update to 6.01) has to be installed from hard disk and not CD or DVD. I tried it this morning from DVD and it would not install. I modified my .cmd file to first copy it to %systemdrive%, and it installs fine from there.

Acrobat Pro installs fine from DVD.

Frank

Frank,

If you are installing from DVD, I figure space is less of an issue for you. So, why not create and Admin install of Acrobat, then apply the patch to the admin install, then move the admin install to your DVD and install from that instead? Saves the step of installing the patch during setup.

(Yes, the files would be uncompressed, and probably take up more space this way, but it's just a suggestion.)

Hmmmm..... Adobe says they don't support an admin install of 6. :rolleyes:

I don't have my 6.0 pro cd here. But if I get the chance I will look at the MSI and see what it may be missing. If they did not set it up for admin install, maybe it could be modified to support it.

Other than that...I guess you are taking the best approach. :)

The Second Example

------------------------

Adobe Reader 6.0

@mazin

i have a little question depending on how to work with wininstall ... recently i have downloaded wininstall le 2003 from ondemand-site and installed it ... now i would like to change some things in some msi files, e.g. in the msi of adobe reader 6.01

i have followed your excellent guide and was finally able to change the msi so i could install adobe reader with your options ... now i would like to take the next step ...

with all the standard plugins in the directory "...\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins" the reader starts very slowly ... i know, without most of these plugins in this directory, the reader would start much faster .. so i would like to delete some of the plugins or even don't want to have them installed

one option to do this would be to delete the row with the file information in the table in wininstall ... but what should i do, if i would need any of the deleted plugins sometimes? ...

so the second option would be to change the target path of some files. and here is my question:

is it possible - without "programming adobe reader again" - to change the path of a plugin file (e.g. "SendMail.api") from "[ProgramFilesFolder]\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\" to "[ProgramFilesFolder]\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK\" ? so the plugin "SendMail.api" would be installed to the plug_insBAK - folder ...

or could i reach this, if i would use microsoft orca and create a mst - file? or do you have any other suggestions?