Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
forge13

Printer driver for Windows 98

Does anyone know of an HP Printer driver for windows 98 that will enable me to map to and print to an HP Officejet 8610 printer connected to a machine on the network that runs a newer OS? The 8610 does not have a 98 driver.

Try also hpjsi_en.exe and please let us know if either of those work or not.

Thank you for the recommendations. I tried mobileprinting4notebooks98me-en.exe. This had the most promising results so far......something actually printed on the printer, however, the only thing that prints is a postscript printer error log. I will give the next one a try.

If you can direct me where to find hpjsi_en.exe it would be appreciated. Never mind....I found a copy.

Edited by forge13

Oldbie, the problem is solved. I can now print fine to the HP Officejet Pro 8610 with the Windows 98 driver for the HP Deskjet 9800 series printer. When you run the executable to install the 9800 there is an option to install it as a nework printer using a TCP/IP connection (without verifying the printer) and that works fine. By pointing me to the mobileprinting4notebooks98me-en and the hpjsi_en executables you got me thinking about TCP/IP connecting the printer. Thank you!

• Upvote 1