Strange fonts or characters (Opera 12.02)

Nomen

Update: Ever since I deleted those new fonts, the GPFs in GDI.EXE have not recurred as I suspected, and I've reloaded those websites that caused the GPFs in Opera. I'm convinced that the fonts are the root cause of the errors.

No crash here with Firefox 9.0.1 on wunderground.com. However, a few icons at the bottom-left are not displayed (Like, +1, Tweet, Pin, Follow), neither does the icon in the Search button or the two in the top toolbar and a few others on specific pages. Possibly those on icons.wxug.com that don't get loaded when webfonts are disabled.

Loblo's fonts are all installed here. So apparently it's more of an Opera+fonts issue. But the more reports, the closer to the truth.

Why does that matter? IIRC it was wunderground.com and a couple of other sites. Since I deleted those fonts, the error has not recurred. I'm positive they were the root cause, at least on my system.

It matters because it may let us identify a misbehaving font (and fix-it eventually). The weather underground  website you mention makes no use of any of the fonts I did upload. To display its iconic glyphs you need: http://fonts.wxug.com/fonts/foundation-icons.ttf.

I see. I didn't view the main wunderground.com website, but rather a local-specific subsite. Like I said, ever since I deleted those fonts I haven't had a single crash in Opera. The GPFs in GDI.EXE started right after I installed them so it was a fairly obvious cause and effect.

Might have just been a coincidence or perhaps you are using Cleartype with the CompatibleWidth option enabled. With this option enabled, fonts hinted with ttfautohint  or autohint from the Adobe FDK crash any application trying to use them on my system. I haven't tried to check if this applies to some of the fonts I did upload however but I mention it just in case.

Edited by loblo