Installation of Windows 7 without Local User creation?

Hi Everyone,

I have created an unattended file which auto-joins to the domain, but it still prompts me to create a local user account. How can this part be skipped? I know you can use the firstlogon commands to delete the account, but I was wondering if there was a way to do it without even creating the account?

Thanks

Jonny

Edited by bailey808

The page can be hidden by providing user account information in the answer file.

Which edition of Windows 7 are you using?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but I was wondering if there was a way to not create a local user account?

Thanks

I think it is technically possible. I have read that you can force the OOBE application to hide the page... but this would be going against what the OS is designed to do. I would not use it in an enterprise environment.

What is the trouble a local account would create?

I think it is technically possible. I have read that you can force the OOBE application to hide the page... but this would be going against what the OS is designed to do. I would not use it in an enterprise environment.

Hi,

I am deploying Windows 7 across the network. I am auto joining the computer to the domain, so I do not want a local account to be created. I have tried the suggested settings and it did not work:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732729(v=ws.10).aspx

Thanks

Jonny

Hi,

I am deploying Windows 7 across the network. I am auto joining the computer to the domain, so I do not want a local account to be created. I have tried the suggested settings and it did not work:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732729(v=ws.10).aspx

Thanks

Jonny

I have answered my own question.

Following the instructions above does work, however you have to specify login details in the 'Credentials' section located in the unattendjoin properties. Doing this in an enterprise environment is dangerous as the password in this section is not encrypted. I have made another topic to see if this can be achieved.

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/173617-encrypt-unattend-join-password/

Thanks for all your help.

• 5 months later...

Hey,

Meanwhile I create an answer file and that works well after properly . in the answer file , I also set up an automatic one User Account must be created that he is also doing well, he wants to sign , he asks to create a password for the initial login , but I do not want that at all. there is an option to disable that ? in the answer file ? or in the setupcomplete.cmd