Windows 8.1 Clean Install

lurk&jerk

How are people doing Windows 8.1 clean installs with integrated updates these days with this frustrating Windows 8.1 black boot screen error (examples 1 2 & 3) that Microsoft refuses to fix? I've searched every where on the Net and there does not seem to be any solution. And, no, pressing F8 won't help if you are working with fast SSD drives, like I am.

I've also tried integrating video drivers in the .iso and not integrating them, since some users said video drivers were the issue. The only way to install Windows 8.1. by a clean install is with the bare retail disk and no updates; that's a bummer. Can someone atleast identify the particular updates causing this issue?

This has been a problem over the life of the product. I've not seen it personally myself, so I have not been able to find out what exactly is going on. If anyone knows a sure-fire way to get Windows 8.x to be stuck in this "black screen with cursor" state, I can try to replicate and troubleshoot.

PS: It isn't always caused by an update. Sometimes you can install a program and have this happen. One user recently reported this happening with the StartIsBack trial. So I think it might be a symptom of a larger problem and you can have different scenarios to trigger it.