Apply a theme or backlight text

Hello,

Thanks for this amazing works, all is almost perfect on my windows 8.1 up to you.

I've benn looking for an answer into all the topics on this forum but (forget me for my bad english) i didn't found anything on the way to apply or a method to apply a theme.

For my windows i only want to apple a withe backlight on the text of back tab open let me show you:

mini_732769Capture.jpg

As you can see un red with a dark wallpaper you can't see the text and i don't know if there is a way just to apply some backlight on it.

Best regards.

Explorer and e.g., Wordpad are ribbon-enabled windows.  They are composited differently than normal desktop applications.  Everyone is seeing what you're describing.

Full theme reimplementations can set that, but it cannot be corrected with a simple Theme Atlas resources change.  BigMuscle has created a theme signature check bypass utility that can help you facilitate loading an entire replacement theme.

BigMuscle has also been working on something that would correct just the missing text color/glow management for ribbon-enabled windows.  He provided a trial version, but that unfortunately broke drag and drop.

See:  http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170945-uxtheme-signature-bypass/#entry1091393

-Noel

Actually, things have changed since I wrote it, if you can believe it.

BigMuscle has just now released an updated UxThemeSignatureBypass tool that fixes the problem, and so far it seems to work.

-Noel