Making registry visible in Windows Explorer

timotheus

Hi everyone,

Bit of a long shot I know, but I'm hoping someone will remember (because Google doesn't!).

There used to be a Windows utility (might have been a shell extension) that added the registry as an item to the Windows Explorer tree in much the same way that the Control Panel appears, ie at the end of the list of drives in the tree pane. This meant you could edit registry keys and entries as though they were folders and files (REG_SZ only I seem to remember). I've googled but no luck; anyone out there with an elephantine memory?

Thank you.

Why not just add the 'Registry Editor' to your right-click context menu.

~DP

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;== REGISTRY EDITOR ==
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\regedit]
@="&Registry Editor"
"Icon"="regedit.exe"
"Position"="Bottom"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\regedit\command]
@="regedit.exe"

"Registry Workshop" ($30) allows several Explorer-like operations, such as copying of keys and drag-and-drop. There are three versions covering all OS down to win98. It can export any key as binary data for editing as a file.

Hmmm. :unsure:

Q. Anyone with good memory remembers the name of those four legged animals with one or two humps that are suited to transport one or two people or some goods across desert areas?

A1. You mean a camel or a dromedary? :unsure:

A2. Why don't you use a Jeep instead?

A3. Elephants have 4 legs and additionally a trunk, they can carry more than two people or more goods.

:whistle:

jaclaz

• 1 month later...