Windows 2000 Black wrapper and old cigarette

Hello, i have a windows 2000 netbook, with all the drivers working (except for the usb camera, needs usbvideo.sys and doesnt work).

Im currently using the old cigarette wrapper, because the games work with it. But to many apps doesnt.

I can install the blackwingcat wrapper with the old cigarette? or i should install the blackwingcat wrapper and get rid of the old cigarette wrapper (im thinking its not being updated).

Thanks!

The kernelEx is not AFAIK a wrapper:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/149233-kernelex-for-win2000/

KernelEx is intended to replace some "main" .dll's on the system, while both the "old cigarette" and the blackwingcat's "KDW" are intended to "stay local" on the specific program/game/whatever directory.

Hard to say how the KernelEx will interact with the one or the other wrapper, in theory there should be no issues, in the sense that IF there are issues with KernelEx, they will be independent from the wrapper(s).

jaclaz

Another question, my windows 2000 is on spanish language. But there is no spanish version of kernelex. I can install the english version? Thank you, and sorry for my questions.

As far as I know, yes you can. Blackwingcat has on a few occasions accidently left Japanese files in an English release of KernelEx and the only thing that's different is the language itself. But if it doesn't work, you can always go into recovery console and uninstall it from there if your machine becomes unbootable as I believe KernelEx always backs up your current setup. But don't 100% quote me that it will be completely compatible, but I don't think there would be a problem.

Edited by Tommy