Taskbar and Start not blurred

Vizal

Hi,

While everything works perfectly fine on Windows 8.1 x64, the both the taskbar and the Start menu are not blurred, as follows:

iyh278q0MP8IE.png

How do I get them blurred?

Thank you in advance!

download free trial or buy StartIsBack and disable transparency taskbar to enable taskbar blur also disable transparency start menu to enable start menu blur

Edited by f23948

• 2 weeks later...

I have the problem that after every new start (or log out) of Windows 8.1 the taskbar isn't blurred anymore. So I have to enter the both commands for SetWindowCompositionAttribute (in CMD) again. What can I do?

• 1 month later...

I just bought StartIsBack and is a perfect replacement to make it look like Windows 7 for the taskbar/startmenu. I was using Stardock Start8, and this I actually like better.

• 9 months later...

You need to check BlurDeviation and HideBlur settings in Dwm..and also read bibmuscles Guide on his website.

~DP

Blur deviation is an hex or dec value? However in reg is 0x000000020 (32)

I haven't any hideblur value in registry. Used cmd+vbs method explained somewhere in threads :D

However, taskbar blur partially works, only it's really different colour (eg. red instead blue)

Doesn't follow the colour used by classic shell start (disabled control from there) and windows frames colorizations (colour picked from sliding wallpapers).

I saw to disable accent color (what I've to edit?) but I don't lost windows frame/start colourization editing in this way?

Edited by Hadden