++ Windows 10 Tips, Tricks and Tweaks ++

DosProbie

so, there are users like me that don't need OneDrive on Win10, so i searched on http://answers.microsoft.com/, and found this, make a .bat file with this 

@echo offclsecho Closing OneDrive process.echo.taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe > NUL 2>&1ping 127.0.0.1 -n 10 > NUL 2>&1echo Uninstalling OneDrive.echo.%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstallping 127.0.0.1 -n 10 > NUL 2>&1echo Removing OneDrive leftovers.echo.rd %USERPROFILE%\OneDrive /Q /S > NUL 2>&1rd C:\OneDriveTemp /Q /S > NUL 2>&1rd %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive /Q /S > NUL 2>&1rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1pause

and execute it, OneDrive will be gone)

Thanks, drakulaboy.  I had been looking around for a way to uninstall OneDrive.

Unfortunately OneDriveSetup.exe is not in C:\Windows\System32 on my system.  It's in C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

so, there are users like me that don't need OneDrive on Win10, so i searched on http://answers.microsoft.com/, and found this, make a .bat file with this 

@echo offclsecho Closing OneDrive process.echo.taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe > NUL 2>&1ping 127.0.0.1 -n 10 > NUL 2>&1echo Uninstalling OneDrive.echo.%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstallping 127.0.0.1 -n 10 > NUL 2>&1echo Removing OneDrive leftovers.echo.rd %USERPROFILE%\OneDrive /Q /S > NUL 2>&1rd C:\OneDriveTemp /Q /S > NUL 2>&1rd %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive /Q /S > NUL 2>&1rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1pause

and execute it, OneDrive will be gone)

Thanks, drakulaboy.  I had been looking around for a way to uninstall OneDrive.

Unfortunately OneDriveSetup.exe is not in C:\Windows\System32 on my system.  It's in C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

-Noel

Add this before current line 7:

SET "_sdir=TEM32"IF %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2% LSS 86 (SET _sdir=WOW64) ELSE (	IF DEFINED PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432 SET "_sdir=WOW64")

Then use this at current line 9 instead:

"%SYSTEMROOT%\SYS%_sdir%\ONEDRIVESETUP.EXE" /UNINSTALL

If you Hate that gosh awful ugly recycle bin on build 10041, you can just change out the imageres.dll file from build 9926.

~DP

Build_10041_Updated_Recycle_Bin.jpg

can I also use the imageres from W7 or 8 where all the icons werent flatted down?

@My1, Good question but I don't know about W7 or 8 (could brick your system) but if you use a custom theme you can just

change the desktop icons without messing with the system files.

~DP

Win7_Rd_Custom_Theme_10041.jpg

Found this .reg file on another forum but can not confirm or deny if it works, but may worth a shot for all you One Drive haters.

~DP

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
;http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/59033-DISCUSSION-Windows-10-Technical-Preview-January-build-(9926)/page66
;Save documents to Onedrive by default = Disabled
;Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storge = Enabled
;Prevent OneDrive files from syncing over metered connections = Enabled

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Onedrive]
"DisableLibrariesDefaultSaveToOneDrive"=dword:00000001
"DisableFileSync"=dword:00000001
"DisableMeteredNetworkFileSync"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Onedrive]
"DisableLibrariesDefaultSaveToOneDrive"=dword:00000001
"DisableFileSync"=dword:00000001
"DisableMeteredNetworkFileSync"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder]
"Attributes"=dword:f090004d

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder]

Edited by DosProbie

Unfortunately Windows 10 beta builds do not offer any taskbar blur-transparency, and even when you do get it to work

with Big Muscle's 'SetWindowCompositionAttribute' file it won't 'stick' when changing themes, refreshing desktop etc.

Anyway to avoid some of this I included a 'registry add file' that will 'kick start' blur automatically everytime you bootup or log on along with a 'Taskbar_blur shortcut file' that you can pin to your taskbar for quick access to launch the blur-transparency manually.

Enjoy ~DP

I believe there's a way to install Classic Shell and configure it not to replace the start menu (if that's what you like).  Classic Shell will maintain the Taskbar translucency if you set it (of all things) to DISABLE transparency.

Just a thought.

-Noel

NOTE:  This is VERY experimental at this point.

Some interesting registry values seen being read by ApplicationFrameHost when it first starts...

• Set as a decimal percentage, this one seems to resize Modern Apps...

[ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Scaling ]

LegacyAppScaleFactor    REG_DWORD    85

There is no Scaling available in the registry so I had to create one. I chose 125 to make some modern applications look a little larger! It took effect right away, no need to restart Windows or sign out/in.

Thanks again for posting this tweak.