++ Windows 10 Tips, Tricks and Tweaks ++

DosProbie

Got any Tips, Tricks or Tweaks for Windows 10 that you would like to share? Post them here and 
with screenshots, scripts etc. So that it may be benefical to others.

ENABLING THE 'NEW' WINDOWS 10 CLOCK AND CALENDAR FEATURE
You can enable this feature via the registry or just use the commandline script provided and run as admin.
~DP
@Echo Off::Enable new clock experience in Windows 10 - Enable = 0 , Disable = 1:: Credit @ http://www.ghacks.net/2015/01/26/enable-new-clock-experience-in-windows-10/Reg Add "Hklm\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell" /V "UseWin32TrayClockExperience" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /fpause

Win10_Clock_and_Calendar.jpg

Just an other tweak : enable desktop Windows Update on the last Windows 10 Technical Preview

Use desktop Windows Update = 0, disable it = 1

@Echo OffReg Add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX" /v "IsConvergedUpdateStackEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

679345Capturedcran3.jpg

Edited by MTDirector

**Universal WaterMark Remover for Windows 10**

Have tried out serveral watermark removers and this is the only one that I have found that works!

- Click on the gray 'DOWNLOAD' Button then unzip and install.

- Removes the watermark 'Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Evaluation copy. Build 9926'

Done! ~DP

[bEFORE]

Before.jpg

[AFTER]

After.jpg

Edited by DosProbie

Two new tweaks for Windows 10 :

1) Enable a new logon screen in Windows 10 :

Enable = 1, disable = 0

@Echo OffReg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\TestHooks" /v "Threshold" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

671504Windows1020150215102006.jpg

2) Enable new sound mixer :

Enable = 1, disable = 0

@Echo OffReg Add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\MTCUVC" /v "EnableMtcUvc" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

527740Capturedcran4.jpg

NOTE:  This is VERY experimental at this point.

Some interesting registry values seen being read by ApplicationFrameHost when it first starts...

• Set as a decimal percentage, this one seems to resize Modern Apps...

[ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Scaling ]

LegacyAppScaleFactor    REG_DWORD    85

• This one seems to remove the minimum window size restriction...

[ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell\ApplicationFrame ]

DisableMinimumSize          REG_DWORD    1

UseLessScreenSpace.png

Please do not try these on a critical system.  I only just discovered them and I'm not sure what all the implications may be.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Unsuprisingly, when I disabled UAC using this reg key NoelC pointed me at....

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

EnableLUA to 0

The new notifications box, new clock/calender and even the calculator didn't work anymore.

Oddly the calculator, even if you click the old Win32 version- only the new metro one loads.

This is the consistency issue Noel talks about. So I can't use the old calc.exe anymore. Thanks M$.

It also didn't fix the installation of files to the system32 folder being disabled anyway.

Its less Microsoft leading the way, more a chain gang being forced against their will to forced march.

@ralcool why not do it the old fashioned way?

@noelc I found out that when you go too smal it will change to phone layout similar to win8 with modernmix and I must say that the apps (at least the settings) work out perfectly this way...

WINDOWS 10 UPDATE TIP: "Microsoft is rolling out two new hotfixes, the KB3038930 and KB3040021, for Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9926 today to prepare the operating system for the next build."
http://pureinfotech.com/2015/02/18/windows-10-build-9926-kb3040021-and-kb3038930-preparation-next-build/
http://microsoft-news.com/microsoft-releases-three-new-hotfix-updates-for-windows-10-build-9926/

~DP :thumbup

Fun fact Win 10 had a Windows Update update while ago so we had a Windows Update Update to prepare for a WIndows Update now which then prepares for a Windows Update later...

THAT's software bureaucracy...