No Desktop icons on Make_PE3... How do I do that?

rgabriele

My customer wants a computer that can not be messed with.... and would ideally have only one desktop icon (web browser) and open directly to his web page

1) How can I remove the desktop icons from Make_PE3?

2) How do I default the home page of the web browser to his web site?

3) How can I make the web browser open automatically on boot up?

Thank You

My customer wants a computer that can not be messed with.... and would ideally have only one desktop icon (web browser) and open directly to his web page

1) How can I remove the desktop icons from Make_PE3?

2) How do I default the home page of the web browser to his web site?

3) How can I make the web browser open automatically on boot up?

Thank You

What about hiring a programmer/IT expert? :whistle:

He/she would be able to easily accomplish the requirements, BUT he/she would also most probably  tell the customer that a PE is not intended (and is not licensed) to be an OS replacement and would probably suggest the use of one of the "embedded" editions of Windows instead, which is what is used generally for Kiosk-mode PC's or otherwise suggest the use one of the several tools available to have "a computer that can not be messed with" running a "normal" version of Windows.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

But still there is no real need for an embedded system, among the new features of "normal" Windows 8.x is it's "Kiosk mode" or "assigned access":

http://blogs.technet.com/b/canitpro/archive/2013/12/17/step-by-step-enabling-kiosk-mode-in-windows-8-1-via-assigned-access.aspx

i.e. something that has been done for years before by everyone else by adding or removing a couple things :whistle:.

Windows 7 (i.e. the "normal", licensed OS corresponding to the OP's PE3) example:

http://sysadministrivia.blogspot.it/2012/05/creating-kiosk-machine-with-windows-7.html

jaclaz