how Save open desktop?

mikedigitize

A thing that really bugs me is how to save your open desktop layout when U shut down your session for the night. So far I used the sleep function but in 9926 windows comes alive after 10 min or so. And as ther are only tree options ( sleep, shut down and restart) in power option it gives me no choice than shut it down and next morning reorganice all my desktop with respective programs.

In win 7 I use to use Dexpot and in mac totalspaces and I really like the way they work. Anyone got a good reghack? One easy way is to use ClassicShell but I like to get use to win10 startmenu a littel more before I dump it.

/Mike

When you say "reorganize desktop", you're speaking of your icons?  If so, you're saying they don't stay where you left them after a shutdown and restart?

That doesn't sound typical, nor would I consider that acceptable.  Mine seem to stay put.

If Windows senses a change in monitor resolution during a transition, I can imagine that could screw up the layout.  Or another possibility is that it doesn't successfully save your desktop info in your profile during shutdown.  Are you seeing any failures around the time of shutdown or startup in your Event Logs?

If you just log off then on again, do you see the desktop get scrambled?  Run the executable logoff.exe, if you don't have the option in any menu.  If the desktop is retained across a logoff / logon, see if shutting it down after logoff works around the issue.

-Noel

No Noel, I am talking about the new virutal desktops. Say U open 8 virutal desktops and put programs on them ( fx one program / desktop) and when U shut down the computer at evning and restart it in the morning, U haveto beguin by put 8 new virutal desktops and then start up all 8 program from yesterday again...

I like to be able to save the set of all 8 desks inkl programs... like dexpot

Ah, sorry, I understand now.  I haven't tested virtual desktops here yet.

I'm sure you've already done so, but make sure to use the Feedback App and let Microsoft know you'd like the virtual desktops to be persistent.

-Noel