bootloader off a usb drive

webpanther2012

I'm setting it up for a small free school need to use it just as a media server for all my 1200 learning ( training videos ). I got too many health problems to go to the school .That is my reason to set it up from home to connect it to the school

I'm setting it up for a small free school need to use it just as a media server for all my 1200 learning ( training videos ). I got to many heath problems to go to the school .That is my risen to set it up from home to connected it to the school

Do the videos include grammar/spelling training ones? :whistle:

You had a "false start" ( and dencorso was faster than me in pointing you to the futility of your question), this can happen to everyone :) of course (not so casually they are FGA's), so you may want to start again (lets fake that this conversation never happened ;)) with the Standard Litany:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com./jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/problem-report-standard-litany.html

right now, you are unfortunately still in the "I'm ill, doctor. Help!" phase:

I try to use EasyBoot  but it isn't working moved iso file in the windows directory add my id # in .CFG FILE I got some problems if any one can give me help but please don't make it to encrypted I'm still learning the setup

with the additional (possibly :unsure:) issue of the risk of slipping on a chocolate covered banana:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com./jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/put-down-the-chocolate-covered-banana.html

Namely, if your goal is to SINGLE boot an Operating System from a USB stick, using the (nice BTW) Easy2boot (which is an extremely complex solution to make it simpler to make MULTI booot USB devices) may not be the "right" choice.

Also, why (the heck) would you want to use a WINDOWS SERVER OS (BTW 2008R1, 2008R2 OR 2012) to act as Media Server and why do you think that you need a Media Server (at all) is needed for the ACTUAL FINAL GOAL you have? (and that though unspecified sounds more like "viewing remotely a bunch of videos and uploading new ones, etc." than anything else? :unsure:)

And why (the heck) would you want it to be on a USB stick?

Please try to describe what EXACTLY you are trying to achieve (ACTUAL FINAL GOAL) considering how the more details you provide the more it is likely that you will get useful suggestions/help.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

• 4 months later...

Check out the "Windows To Go" feature that is available in the latest version of Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012. It allows you to install and run Windows from a portable USB drive. This feature should be what you're looking for.

Learn more about Windows To Go at:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enterprise/products-and-technologies/devices/windowstogo.aspx

Edited by Tripredacus

Although there are methods to make Server 2012 work as a Windows To Go device, it is not intended nor supported. Such a thing is fine for personal use, but I wouldn't recommend you use the "Server 2012 to Go" hack in a business environment.

• 8 months later...

Just a few days ago I created a Windows 10 to Go drive using the freeware ISO2Disc. Just point to the Windows 10 ISO file and it would take about 15 minutes to complete burning. A USB 3.0 drive (with at least 15Gb) is recommended.

Edited by Tripredacus
removed link