Donations - Alternatives to payments

ZEUS

Hello bigmuscle,

I wish to make a donation (and get rid of watermark) but I do not have PayPal.

I'm traveling outside of my country and the alternative I have is Western Union.

I could make a donation by Western Union? If yes, please provide details to send the donation.  If not, there would be another alternative?

Best Regards

ZEUS

Hi Big Muscle,

Thanks for your reply.

I do not like and I have no credit card (Interest was invented to be received and not to be paid). I use my debit card to withdraw money in any country. You have limited our alternatives and pushes us for underground.

Please, please, deliver me from the watermark.

Best Regards
ZEUS

(Excuse me for having overthrown the msfn yesterday when I entered.)
Edited by ZEUS

ZEUS,

with all due respect :), you don't have one of those people called "friends" or "relatives" with a paypal account that may be willing to make the donation in your name?

Is having the watermark (and/or the periodical nagging) so unbearable?

(or, if you prefer, is having Aero Glass so *needed* that you can't bear a few days/weeks without it?)

jaclaz 

You can use either a bank account or debit card with paypal, not just a credit card.

Or it can be as simple as, going to your bank (or even another bank), open a new account, put 20 of your money in there, sign up to paypal, attach new account to paypal, send money. I use paypal but also do not fully trust it, so I have a second account I attach to it. ;)

Hi jaclaz,

Before coming here to ask for alternatives I had thought about seeking a person or company that could make the payment to me and to this day I have not found.

As I said, I'm out of my country and not return very soon and perhaps for many years. Periodically I change the country. Local Friends ... only superficial. Alone, I do my best work.

With all due respect, I'm a long time with this pending and I decided that now I will solve it, would not want it in a hex editor, you are my first choice. And this is because I think the value of the donation is well righteous and I propose to do it when I can.

Aero Glass/Watermark is not an essential issue, it is an aesthetic issue. I will lived long with the watermark and ...

Now, my decision is: Use Aero Glass without watermark and go my way. I have other issues to worry about.

Please, please, deliver me from the watermark.

Best Regards

ZEUS

Hi Tripredacus,

Thank you for your efforts to solve our problem! I speak by many.

Your suggestion is quite pertinent and the best so far, but does not solve the problem. So I will give me the job to repay him with a justified dissertation. I'm sorry if you are a Twitterer who does not like reading.

Based on what you said, I could command my internet bank to issue a credit card and smuggle him here where I am, because the courier on my country does not allow sending financial cards or I could simply activate the credit functionality in my debit card that I have here with me and go to PayPal, it is also possible that PayPal has changed the rules and now accepts debit card or bank account on my country and not to mention the unexpected. I might even catch a plane and take the money to the developers!  For me it is also very simple. But ...

In addition to the different rules and requirements for each country and bank (up to the last time I saw, in my country, PayPal only allowed credit card VISA flag), I had many cards and even PayPal I had, but today I do not want to have more.

"I use paypal but Also do not fully trust it, so I have a second account I attach to it."

Friend, be afraid of thieves, but has much, much more afraid of the STATE. Corruption, bad faith and ignorance there everywhere and proportionally there are more thieves within the STATE that out of it.

Just a simple STATE command and they accuse you a false crime even if you have not done anything wrong, accuse even of terrorist (terrorist are also those who threaten the STATE and has no target for counterattack, when you have a target for counterattack is Dictator or simply criminal), strip it down to the penny and all on the "LEGAL" way. This is known as "The Perfect Crime". Do not put all your eggs in one basket! I know, I know, the last two you can not separate.  :} The only protection we have against the STATE is the same that allows the prey to live among predators: The "Shoal Effect" (we are in far greater numbers), but nothing can protect you if you arouse great interest in them unless you can hide well.

The monetary volume of donations received essentially depends on three factors: From value, than we are willing to do to get Aero Glass without watermark and than developers are willing to do to get the money (donation).

There are a threshold to what we are willing to do and this threshold is low, so if the developers consider important money, they have to try harder and facilitate more options for payment. How much developers are willing to help their users and themselves?

I could do the above, but why developers can not facilitate and, for example, move to allow payments via Western Union? Just just want.

We have the money and the willingness to pay, to bestow but we are limited, hampered, strangled. It would be wonderful if you could just pay without providing your DNA.

Consider that how much easier it is to donate, certainly  you will most raise money. Otherwise, shall go see their revenues dwindle.

Best Regards

ZEUS

Edited by ZEUS

If you have issues with Governments, you could go private.

Send me a PM, I will give you my snail mail address.

To it you will send an envelope containing:

1. a US$ 5 note
  2. another US$ 5 note for non-refundable processing fees
  3. you can substitute the above two with a US$ 10 note or with a € 10 note (or two € 5 notes, you get the idea)
  4. a hand written letter[1] where you ask me nicely to send a donation of US$ 5 (or € 5 or however half of the money you send me) to bigmuscle, get a donation key/login and provide these latter to you electronically via e-mail (and NO, I DO NOT do facebook, skype or -say -  twitter, ONLY plain good ol' e-mail)

[1]I am not interested in your DNA :no:, so you don' t really need - though it would be appreciated as a sign of good will and complete submission :w00t::ph34r:  - to write the letter with your own blood. 

Now, apart the 100% processing fee, I would think that before doing this with me (please read as a grumpy old bastard that you met online and that may well use the whole ten bucks or euros in either beer or pizza and never get back to you) I thought that you actually knew someone that you can trust doing the same for you (and maybe even without the exorbitant fee).

jaclaz

Hi jaclaz,

Man, I like the Italians, their extravagant behavior and speaks loudly, I've worked with you in the MARCONI I took my first steps in UNIX with you! but you are worse than the paradoxical atheist Steve Hawkins that with almost no information believes that a whole universe with time and space can be created spontaneously from nothing but just a timeless and dimensionless creator which could also be the nothingness from which the universe was created, can not.

My problem is not specifically with Governments, is ideologically with HYPOCRISY and that includes States, forms of government, press, Machism, Feminisms and many others and sometimes even old and nagging Italian developers. Not to say it was a discrimination because I know Italians, I understand his words as a joke.

We will not combine a word password to play secret spy ???  :P

I see no problems in writing the letter if you declare their inferiority and accept with other ink ... my sh*t!  :w00t: You do not fool me, you want my DNA.  :lol:

I appreciate your offer to accept my money (fee) to use your PayPal to get my license, but it is clear that you have no power beyond that.

Honestly, I see no problems in bet $10 on his honesty and even loses it for a nice Italian pizza with a beer you eat and drink, but for now, I'll wait for a better alternative.

ZEUS  :hello:

Edited by ZEUS

We will not combine a word password to play secret spy ???   :P

Heck, no. :no:

That is so '60's :w00t: and it may be overheard/intercepted :ph34r: we are well beyond that, since facial recognition and iris scan may not work in case of network failure we now use a secret handshake and a coin, something along the lines of ;):

http://blogs.reuters.com/photographers-blog/2012/06/11/the-secret-handshake/

Of course we use LOLCAT coins, similar to this:

HUGZ%20lol%20cat-search-tags-lolcat%20ki

But of course I cannot provide the exact details (actually I could, but then I would have to kill you :whistle:)

jaclaz

In addition to the different rules and requirements for each country and bank (up to the last time I saw, in my country, PayPal only allowed credit card VISA flag), I had many cards and even PayPal I had, but today I do not want to have more.

It may be different by country, but what I am saying is you can attach a bank account to paypal, with no use of any sort of card.

jaclaz,

I thought I was speaking your language (word password), how do you communicate with a caveman? I'm surprised you have not found id*ot play "secret spy," this was the footprint! The first was the bait.  :w00t:

I'm impressed, you're a little old man well forward! I am sure you were a crew of the old Enterprise (Star Trek) and your ear will have grown more than the Spoke and certainly already has a spaceship much more modern and has thing far better that PGP thatyourself have probably broken with ease. Great man!  :D  :lol:

What do you expect me to do now? Click all the buttons you put in front of me to try to learn something? That I humiliate you with superiority demonstrations? 

Do not Give a show of the nonsense, not shame his countrymen. Now stop acting like a child. This is not a competition and go get something to do that will be useful and help someone.

I was even thinking of sending those $ 10 for you.

ZEUS

Edited by ZEUS

What do you expect me to do now? Click all the buttons you put in front of me to try to learn something?

That's entirely your choice, that's the good thing about freedom :thumbup

However, if you are in the right mood:

http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/pc/redbut.html

Do not Give a show of the nonsense, not shame his countrymen. Now stop acting like a child.

Hey, you started it all through your whining...

This is not a competition and go get something to do that will be useful and help someone.

Well, it may be a competition (though I wonder if a competition at WHAT? :unsure:), but at least I claim my rights under the same freedom to consider even this nonsense something that will be useful and help someone (though most probably not you specifically).

I was even thinking of sending those $ 10 for you.

I usually tend to use Italian popular culture/proverbs in these occasions, but I will make an exception and use an English one:

http://www.knowyourphrase.com/phrase-meanings/fool-and-his-money-are-soon-parted.html

Come on :) I was clearly joking, if I had to do you a favour, I would do it for free or at the mere costs (or for a much higher sum ;)).

jaclaz

jaclaz,

I love the Italians. I have Italian descent.

As you may already know, play can get out of control and get serious, it happens even with amimais in nature.

And a big virtue I've seen in Italian when I worked with them and I did not learn well was not holding grudges. Fight and become friends fast how kids!

A friend of mine Italian who is in Brazil send a hug for you! His name is Cesare Battisti!  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

ZEUS  :hello:

It may be different by country, but what I am saying is you can attach a bank account to paypal, with no use of any sort of card.

Hi Tripredacus,

Again, thank you.

I understood what you said.

I repeat, today I do not want to have PayPal, today I do not want  attach a bank account to PayPal, in the future, perhaps.

Best Regards
ZEUS