Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

In other words, if the above is all too subtle:

Don't install Aero Glass for Win 8.1+ using the AppInit_DLLs entry in the registry.  It's the wrong way to do it.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Is it possible to make that aero glass atlas file doesn't affect start panel, notification center and more icons panel in tray ? If use atlas file with window borders it adds them to this panels

Edited by -Tex-

In other words, if the above is all too subtle:

Don't install Aero Glass for Win 8.1+ using the AppInit_DLLs entry in the registry.  It's the wrong way to do it.

-Noel

I just tried it. It doesn't work anyway as expected.

How do I use ModernFrame.dll with schedular.bat, already have Aero Glass working? Previously had it working with AppInit_DLLs method.

Edited by Dnamb

Oh wait. 

How do you exit from fullscreen after CTRL+click on the max button? Like the restore button?

I can shift+ right click on the taskbar button from another monitor, but the restore button doesn't work.

If I shift+ right click and select maximize, I see a small area on the whole width of the top where the title bar should be. I can then shift+right click and select restore which puts the window back to fullscreen. 

Edited by doctorwizz

How do I use ModernFrame.dll with schedular.bat, already have Aero Glass working? Previously had it working with AppInit_DLLs method.

You have to use AppInit_DLLs ... see the posts above but only include modernframe.dll, not dwmglass.dll.

I think the confusion here about how best to install and manage this software probably implies the need for Big Muscle to provide an updated supervising GUI control panel that manages not only all the specific color, transparency, file choice, etc. settings, but offers the ability to use / not use ModernFrame.dll and properly sets up the AppInit_DLLs setting for that, as well as use / not use Aero Glass and properly sets up the Task Scheduler entries for that.  It IS confusing for the uninitiated simply because of the complexity.

But Big Muscle doesn't have those things yet. 

Basically he has a following of users who already know intimately how all this stuff ties together, based on past experience, and is asking us to test the prototype versions he's building to ensure we don't run across things that break on systems different from his own.

If anyone's interested in my advice:

• I would create the GUI control panel first and keep it up to date so that people aren't required to do backflips to test the software.  It would provide stern disclaimers about what the risks are with making the various choices.

• I would not choose to run a beta test on an open forum like this.  In fact I run all beta tests of my own software via mailing lists.  I might announce on a forum that I'm looking for testers, but all communications thereafter are handled by eMail.  It's really a better way to go.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Oh wait. 

How do you exit from fullscreen after CTRL+click on the max button? Like the restore button?

If you move mouse to the top edge of your display, it will roll down the titlebar and it allows you go back just by pressing Restore button.

But there seems to be some bug in Win10 that this titlebar does not show sometimes :(

Oh wait. 

If you move mouse to the top edge of your display, it will roll down the titlebar and it allows you go back just by pressing Restore button.

But there seems to be some bug in Win10 that this titlebar does not show sometimes :(

Yeah that bar never appears for when using modernframe dll. 

Oh wait. 

Works only on first run. If that bar doesn't show up, you have to close ApplicationFrameHost window.

Edited by Tusticles

Oh wait. 

Works only on first run. When that bar doesn't show, you have to close ApplicationFrameHost window.

Good one that works :D 

I would not choose to run a beta test on an open forum like this.  In fact I run all beta tests of my own software via mailing lists.  I might announce on a forum that I'm looking for testers, but all communications thereafter are handled by eMail.  It's really a better way to go.

It probably would be easier for the developer but there are people who are eager to try this software even though it‘s unstable. Just like you, some people prefer old features back so even beta software makes the usage of the OS more pleasant and convienient.