Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

Just have a small request. Can we have a "CloseButtonWidth" option in the layout file? I currently use CaptionHeight to make minimize and maximize buttons similar to Windows 7/8 but would like the close button to be larger in width than the other buttons (just like Windows 7 & 8)

to be honest it felt awkward when the close button was larger from vista onward, when you have muscle memory from earlier systems but now the same happens with Win10 since they now go back in the direction of the old windows style, like win 3.1 but flat

Just have a small request. Can we have a "CloseButtonWidth" option in the layout file? I currently use CaptionHeight to make minimize and maximize buttons similar to Windows 7/8 but would like the close button to be larger in width than the other buttons (just like Windows 7 & 8)

Is this possible in any way at all?

I haven't seen any mod/theme yet that actually has a larger close button but smaller/same sized other buttons. I fear the internal M$ coding of the buttons in Win10 is the same and they all can only go to be the same width now - but I hope to be wrong as I also would like the larger close button back as it is in Windows 7.

Edited by Tekener

Anyone has issues with SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe? Whenever Start menu/Cortana opens, a much darker color is shown on the taskbar and I can't barely see anything behind.

Edited by greigaz

Anyone has issues with SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe? Whenever Start menu/Cortana opens, a much darker color is shown on the taskbar and I can't barely see anything behind.

If you enabled blur on taskbar read page 56 on this forum. I‘ve faced the same problem, it‘s solved now (even though not in the best way possible).