Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

I'm starting to get my Aero glass just like I had it in Windows 7, and I've had no problems running these builds so far on daily basis. However I've noticed that the engine does have some inconsistency between the title window glass and the added window border transparency.  I mean it's clearly visible to see they do not link seamlessly, as seen in my screenshot:

my_win10_glass.jpg

If you look closely to the top left side of the active window (file explorer one), it is more opaque on the title bar side than on the added margin border surrounding the window. I hope that it can be tweaked somehow. It's more visible on active window but does seem to affect the inactive ones too. :)

This is beautiful, is that an atlas? Could you please share it? TY!

--edit--

That is win8rp atlas, right?

Yeah it is, I edited it on top of win8rp.png. Well it's basically the same modifications I made to myself on the clearscreen sharp skin in few years ago, and I was happy running Windows 7 with that. I still feel there might be some tuning to do - like actually edit those min/max/close button symbols more, but surely it works fine right now as it is with default caption size. Set the Glass color as white, opacity to 0 and balance all the way up. And put caption coloring to white with the use of glow image on atlas theme.

http://hrtlan.com/clsharp.png

Since I'm not an expert on tuning that layout file, any tips to actually adjust the border size? I have set the ForceSystemMetrics on. Also Windows 10 start menu, volume tuning and notification/action center seems to get the glass borders too, but it doesn't do any blurring behind those. I would rather see them not having those glass borders at all if blurring isn't possible. :)

Edited by Kankipappa

So should we release today or is there some important blocker which limits you? B)

No reply to my previous post concerning the use of Black Glass Enhanced artefacts in the last 2 released builds, (120 and 149),was there a reason there was such a drastic change from previous builds?

Aside from the multi monitor problems the previous builds seemed almost perfect, was this the reason for the change that has changed the way aero glass/blur works behind the entire explorer window?

So should we release today or is there some important blocker which limits you? B)

No reply to my previous post concerning the use of Black Glass Enhanced artefacts in the last 2 released builds, (120 and 149),was there a reason there was such a drastic change from previous builds?

Aside from the multi monitor problems the previous builds seemed almost perfect, was this the reason for the change that has changed the way aero glass/blur works behind the entire explorer window?

I looked at the site that host that theme and there no mention of it supporting Windows 10.

I guess we should release it today.

After all, the beta builds were more stable this time around, or at least with the majority. :)

All good here.  I say go for it.  Nothing says you can't release an update if someone discovers a problem later.

-Noel

@bigmuscle:

When i was using Build 120, and right-clicked on running programs on the taskbar, there were small horizontal and vertical lines occasionally in the menu, just below the jumplists. Unfortunately, i don't a screenshot of this behaviour.

Now with Build 160, i haven't seen that bug yet, so it seems you already fixed it.

But there's a new bug which wasn't present in build 120, only affecting Firefox but not Chrome. On the top window bar, one can see the classic interface instead of Aero when interacting with the window, like maximizing or dragging. Sometimes, the whole window bar except for the active tab gets "classic" while the active tab stays "aero".

You can see this in the attached screenshot.

Two displays in extended desktop mode, Windows 10 Pro 10240 + Start10 + Glass8 1.3.2.160, all vanilla, no custom themes.

post-407248-0-55594100-1440086062_thumb.

Edited by javanse

Unfortunately, I do not use this software and I don't know the technique which it uses. If it uses standard layered windows to get the full transparency then it is not possible to do anything about this. Such bug randomly appears even with native Aero Glass in Win7. If it uses another technique then I don't know, as I said, I don't use it.

Now with Build 160, i haven't seen that bug yet, so it seems you already fixed it.

But there's a new bug which wasn't present in build 120, only affecting Firefox but not Chrome. On the top window bar, one can see the classic interface instead of Aero when interacting with the window, like maximizing or dragging. Sometimes, the whole window bar except for the active tab gets "classic" while the active tab stays "aero".

You can see this in the attached screenshot.

Two displays in extended desktop mode, Windows 10 Pro 10240 + Start10 + Glass8 1.3.2.160, all vanilla, no custom themes.

Does this happen without Aero Glass? This kind of frame appears when DWM rendering is disabled on the window so if some application disables it for itself then I cannot influence it. What version of Firefox is it?

It also has happened here. Firefox 40.0.2 with fxchrome theme, Glass8 build 160 with a vanilla skin. Never happened before Aero Glass. The fix is to restart Firefox on that point, since the classic skin popping up seems to persist once it gets triggered. I'd say it's a minor issue since it does indeed seem to be triggered only when DWM goes down.

EDIT: rarely happens though, not like everytime DWM goes down/disabled, since firefox "should" use the vanilla Windows 10 theme on that point. Seen it happen only twice while playing with the AeroGlass GUI and killing the DWM progress.

Now coming to think of it, I believe it is a bug in Firefox itself and not in Aero. GPU driver crashing in Windows 7 also made Firefox's theme rendering bug jump out and draw blackness, also not getting "fixed" until Firefox is restarted. So it's the stupid Firefox's own theme engine getting the flak and not fixing itself.

Edited by Kankipappa

And? There is no reason to support this build.

So you wait for the next build to be released to consumers? The inactive window color is the only issue I could find... except the visual artifacts on the native blurred areas when aero glass is installed, but these were always there...

Edited by Tusticles

Cheers man! Donated you a little something once more. I was happy even with the previous build, so I vote for releasing it tonight   :thumbup

Confirmation number: 1J723804D3892043J

Edited by Zhancis1982

Does this happen without Aero Glass? This kind of frame appears when DWM rendering is disabled on the window so if some application disables it for itself then I cannot influence it. What version of Firefox is it?

Yes, it also happens without Glass8. So it seems it's related to Firefox, maybe because FF uses its own theme on Win10 instead of the default one.

Firefox 41 beta 2

Official release just before the weekend sound great, go for it. :up: