Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

The intermittent Classic Shell delay doesn't appear to be tied to ModernFrame.  I just had the Classic Shell menu delay even with ModernFrame out.  ModernFrame is going back in.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Is anyone here using ModernFrame.dll and ClassicShell, and finding ClassicShell's Start Menu to occasionally take a second or two to open?  Normally it opens immediately, but for me intermittently I'm seeing a delay.

A little while ago I removed ModernFrame.dll from AppInit_DLLs and lo and behold now the menu seems to open quickly.  But it's intermittent so I can't be sure.

It's not a big deal; I can live without ModernFrame, as I only use it for the Settings App.

-Noel

Happen twice time after CS installation. Then started to work correctly (probably as I tweaked its settings/themes).

And only one time, the taskbar colour was different from window border (it used the previous wallpaper colorization). Then, everything worked correctly.

Strangely, on windows 7, the slow start was more frequent...

Edited by Hadden

I was actually updating to the latest 64-bit build 149 version myself when a Windows update came in all of a sudden...

I had just finished replacing all of the new files and went to perform a restart when Windows update wanted to install 

their own update, once the system began to restart, I only got up to a light blue screen with very small code populating 

the screen. I had to remove my AeroGlass directory from my C:\ into my 2nd hard drive and restart my laptop. 

That was my fix... So it seems this latest Windows 10 update, which I didn't even write down is breaking my AeroGlass

Testing Laptop...just when it was starting to look really good..

Has this been confirmed?

In build 10525 loading up Aeroglass 149 I get

[Window Title]Aero Glass for Win8.1+ Incompatibility issue[Content]Aero Glass does not know how to hook your version of DWM.You should download appropriate symbols package for your operating system from Microsoft website and press Retry button.[Retry] [Cancel]

Is anyone here using ModernFrame.dll and ClassicShell, and finding ClassicShell's Start Menu to occasionally take a second or two to open?  Normally it opens immediately, but for me intermittently I'm seeing a delay.

A little while ago I removed ModernFrame.dll from AppInit_DLLs and lo and behold now the menu seems to open quickly.  But it's intermittent so I can't be sure.

It's not a big deal; I can live without ModernFrame, as I only use it for the Settings App.

-Noel

ClassicShell opens straight away for me. I use ModernFrame.dll

In build 10525 loading up Aeroglass 149 I get

[Window Title]Aero Glass for Win8.1+ Incompatibility issue[Content]Aero Glass does not know how to hook your version of DWM.You should download appropriate symbols package for your operating system from Microsoft website and press Retry button.[Retry] [Cancel]

Microsoft changes the symbols package with every new build. AeroGlass works semi ok without symbols