Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

We are approaching build #150 soon...

New experimental debug build #149 can be downloaded on my website. Now, 64-bit only.

What's new? Mainly stability fixes but I added two experimental features you can play with:

- you can change caption buttons size by putting line "CaptionHeight=XXX" into your atlas layout file (it influences both width and height, separate change is not possible!)

- you can force DWM to accept system metrics on windows frames in SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM by setting value ForceSystemMetrics to 0x1 (DWORD)

- by setting ForceSystemMetrics values to > 1, you can modify frame margins

Awesomeee, great job!!

Just one thing, the caption buttons size doesn't change for modern apps... :(

ClassicShell 4.2.4 enable blur on taskbar and reserves Windows 10 menu

3f8c71092d3f1cbe.JPG 9f9ead0804a86088.png

Even though taskbar is still kind of opaque this is the most stable solution right now. Thanks for reminding me this great piece of software! I especially enjoy settings which improve File Explorer browsing experience.

EDIT: Classic Shell works kind of good when not having reflection image. When reflection image is set taskbar gets very opaque so this program can be only a partial solution.

@MDJ use this installer and tick all boxes, the window disappears after the start  http://uptobox.com/sy59mrjoxs3d

Where did this installer came from and what special features does it offer?

Edited by MDJ

a user here seems to have created it, and it wants to make the stuff easier, but if you can do it nicely yourself then rather do that since no one knows whether this thing conains a virus or not (doesnt even need to be deliberately, can happen to anyone)

The setup file is Inno Setup. I extracted it with a special tool and there appeared to be bunch of files, including different reflection, theme atlas image versions and other stuff.

ndnovR4.png

Edited by MDJ

- you can change caption buttons size by putting line "CaptionHeight=XXX" into your atlas layout file (it influences both width and height, separate change is not possible!)

- you can force DWM to accept system metrics on windows frames in SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM by setting value ForceSystemMetrics to 0x1 (DWORD)

It seems to work fine here on my test system, as did the last version.

It turns out I've grown to like having my caption buttons fill the space between the top and the bottom, minus a border that I've defined in my theme atlas.  So I'm not going to be using the CaptionHeight setting.  But I do know of a lot of folks who will love you for that tweak.  Way to go!

AGBuild149.png

With the last version I found that a single entry to define the border size gives me what I like.  Assuming I'm already happy with the border width, is there a technical advantage to not using:

47;0;3602=4,0,0,0

...and instead using...

ForceSystemMetrics=2

...then defining the border width elsewhere?

-Noel

Hi i build this tool for enable disable Aeroglass & ModernFrame. Some buttons & messages are in spanish but i think is easy use it

1.- Download the "Experimental debug version for build 10240" files

2.- Creates a folder with the name Aeroglass in C:\  = (C:\Aeroglass)

3.- Copy the files inside the correct folder (X64 / X86) to C:\Aeroglass

4.- Download, extract and copy the Modernframe.dll file to C:\Aeroglass (Only Windows X64)

5.- Run the Aeroglass launcher. clic in start to run Aeroglass debug version clic in Stop to stop the Aeroglass debug version (in the popup question i recomend restart DWM.exe ), the same with the modern frame

ws4nbysvq4ngih06g.jpg

of course Google translator XD

attachicon.gifAero Glass Launcher1.0.1.rar

It can't disable aeroglass. BigMuscle has made it so it starts up by itself

Well for disabling aero just go into the taskmanager and kill aerohost.exe and then dwm.exe

Easier way is to close the DWM window while holding Ctrl and it will not load Aero Glass again, same as you would when starting your system.

We are approaching build #150 soon...

New experimental debug build #149 can be downloaded on my website. Now, 64-bit only.

What's new? Mainly stability fixes but I added two experimental features you can play with:

Thanks for the new build, only problem I have in this build and the last is it seems to have lost support for using "Black Glass Enhanced" this is a program that has worked since Windows 7 and every one of your builds until now, it makes the whole explorer window transparent and in the last 2 builds it doesn't work very well at all and just results in lots of artefacts.

w7k0b8.jpg

a user here seems to have created it, and it wants to make the stuff easier, but if you can do it nicely yourself then rather do that since no one knows whether this thing conains a virus or not (doesnt even need to be deliberately, can happen to anyone)

That would be me, I have been creating installers for myself and my members at Virtual Customs since BM started Aero Glass on Windows 8, there is nothing special, it just does all the same things you would have to do manually to run Aero Glass as a Scheduled Task and also adds a few extras like the Atlas Images, Reflection Images and BM's GUI as well as a context menu to access it.

Those are all checked by default aside from the "Hide CMD Window at Startup" option which runs for 30 seconds at startup and and every 30 seconds there after as a scheduled task, The actual Glass Close.exe was posted by a member on here years ago that was created using Autoit and just hides the task from the taskbar, you can still Alt+Tab to access the DMW window when needed.

Edited by MrGRiM

Now seem to works everything I wanted to :)

My glitch with modernframe was solved injecting also uxthemebypass32 in its registry path (on x64 it's strongly recommended).

Atlas and .layout files works perfectly, reflection too, modernframe also.

I also used classic shell for replacement (start - explorer): glass works better with metro/aero theme - in others was "too flat"). 

My glitch with modernframe was solved injecting also uxthemebypass32 in its registry path (on x64 it's strongly recommended).

I also used classic shell for replacement (start - explorer): glass works better with metro/aero theme - in others was "too flat"). 

PICS or Never Happened! 

PICS or Never Happened! 

Lol, I posted here: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/173164-display-your-desktop-with-aero-glass-8/

Edited by Hadden

Is anyone here using ModernFrame.dll and ClassicShell, and finding ClassicShell's Start Menu to occasionally take a second or two to open?  Normally it opens immediately, but for me intermittently I'm seeing a delay.

A little while ago I removed ModernFrame.dll from AppInit_DLLs and lo and behold now the menu seems to open quickly.  But it's intermittent so I can't be sure.

It's not a big deal; I can live without ModernFrame, as I only use it for the Settings App.

-Noel