Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

@daveo76 thanks a lot it worked ! one last question please, Is it possible to hide this window please (dwm.exe) ?

1439603781-aerowork.png

Bigmuscle had mentioned many times that aeroglass for Windows 10 is still in testing stage. So you can't get rid of the debug window until he releases the final version

ok thank you I thought that was only for the filigree, I use google translate and he translated sometimes very badly

I Thank You for the atention you have me wear and I encourage mr BIGMUSCLE in its work that everyone waits !

thank you again, and soon !!!!

the problem is not Glass it's the GUI.

I checked the registry since I had on in my my WIn8.1 as well.

in fact a while ago (to be exact version 1.3.0 on win8.1) you set the new default for Glass on Battery to that it wont disable (see your changelog), and instead of setting the reg setting explicitly to 1 it just deletes the value, in other wordsyou version of the GUI assumes the default to "disable it" and therefore it has problems with the "newer" versions of glass...

so @adacom go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/DWM (if the DWM key doesnt exist just create it) and then create a 32-bit value "DIsableGlassOnBattery" and set it to 1.

@bm the best way would be assuming nothing at all and just setting the value no matter whether or not it's the default.

@My1 - that works perfectly thanks - plus as i am sure you know once the key is added the toggle in AeroglassGUI works - again as you said earlier it does not affect the taskbar but the windows headers - thats fine for me - i use it as a warning that the power lead has come loose

@BM - yes it does add a dozen lines of text in the debug window when i unplug the power lead but as said before the reg edit it did nothing

Mostly working with no issues, expect no glass on modern apps (still have the white/grey on metro apps after using all tips suggested in the topic)

Powershell says I haven't [support for] secure boot (I've the old school bios)

Can be the issue caused by the path I've stored aeroglass? (c:\portable programs\aero\modernframe.dll).

Or as I use win8cp.png with his .layout file?

A little "issue" I also noticed: sometimes, at the boot, aeroglass starts without the atlas theme loaded (but with glass and reflection).

Edited by Hadden

Yep, long/spaced paths in AppInit_DLLs not supported

I suspected that..

So I've try to reinstall aero in c:\aero (like I had before XD)

The path has to be injected as c:\\aero\\modernframe.dll or c:\aero\modernframe.dll ? (I'll inject the uxthemebypasser also)

Edited by Hadden

Hello, I just installed 32-bit+64-bit (Updated on 14th August 2015) on an installation clean (build 10240 64-bit) and this is what I get:

1439600562-aero.png

I would like to know If this is normal At this stage of development or if I forget something ?

I must admit that I don't understand this. Why non-advanced users bother with non-finished development version if they are not even able to read instructions, guide, notes etc. before downloading? What is the sense in using installer on Win10 if it is marked as "IMPORTANT: Do NOT use on Windows 10 RTM 10.0.10240." ???? And it is not only this... why some users are injecting DWMGlass.dll via old AppInit_DLLs on Win10 when nobody says it to do it so? Why? .... I'm asking because every while I get some bug reports where the only cause it that user was not able to install it correctly.

So again for everyone:

!!! IF YOU ARE NOT ADVANCED USERS AND YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO INSTALL THE DEBUG VERSION PROPERLY THEN DO NOT USE IT !!!

Yep, long/spaced paths in AppInit_DLLs not supported

I suspected that.. Now this happened when the injection of metro glass was loaded:

aero_zpshi9jednx.png

Seems to happen only on explorer.exe windows and metro apps. Dialog boxes and other windows are not affected

Edited by Hadden

Yes, this is ok. UxThemeSignatureBypass.dll is not fully compatible with current version of aeroglass/modernframe yet.

EDIT: It means, it ignores atlas layout file.

Edited by bigmuscle