Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

I Found it works better like this:  

C:\AeroGlass\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll C:\AeroGlass\ModernFrame.dll
 that is reversed from what you have.

have done that - yours seems more logical - has still not given me a different coloured header as NoelC's screen grab above 

EDIT

so simple when you know how and i have just worked it out - my colur choice for borders etc is/was the same as my header colours - so looked the same

change the border colour and its sorted - i always ask what have i done wrong as the problem is mostly me 

I believe he is using a themeatlas with that header specified.  Check back on his posts or PM him to find which one he is using.  He usually posts a link for it, also.

My donation.key is not Working on Windows 10?

I put the machine code correctly, and I put the key in the right spot (C:\AeroGlass).

This is an experimental debug version.  The machine key will work correctly with final release.

I got sick of waiting for WIN10, so I forced it to download.

First I hadn't uninstalled AeroGlass and this caused windows 8 to flash light grey and constantly go back to whatever you call that screen with the time and date and nothing else.

I finally found that by pressing ctrl+alt+del after I typed in my password stopped it from resetting, then on the hunch that it was Aeroglass I uninstalled it and also classic shell for good measure.  Problem solved.

Finally I find that the version for the RTM version of windows does exist, I try it and so happy to have it back, works like a dream, only flaw is the debugging window!

With getting colour back in the title bar and reinstalling a new version of classic shell it is all back to how Windows should look.... Well almost!

HAS ANYONE FOUND A SOLUTION TO THOSE HUGE TITLEBAR BUTTONS?!   sorry to shout.

But D^MN they are ugly large!

I did try playing around with with the registry in WindowMetrics but I could only make them a bit smaller (at most 20%) and sometimes settings caused real problems with windows functions throwing objections.

Edited by aether22

I think the "too thin" window borders look may be the most irritating thing Microsoft has done to Windows 10.

I figured out how to successfully add back a few pixels of border using my theme atlas and a companion .layout file (thank you, Big Muscle, for providing this capability).

BordersRestored.png

-Noel

What would I adjust to have NO borders, or to get them as thin as possible?

@Noel Firefox seems to get for whatever reason the leyout file as an image (that obviously cannot be displayed) for some reason

Just Save Target as a text file.  The name has to exactly match the .png file but with .layout added on the end.

What would I adjust to have NO borders, or to get them as thin as possible?

You'll want a theme atlas other than my RoundedCornersBlueActive.png and that'll pretty much get you there all by itself.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC