Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

there was no entry in the registry

adding - DisableGlassOnBattery with a value of 1 did nothing

your utility reports 

current power status (1 - 0) is 0, 1

EDIT

way above what i understand about the registry but as said the key is not there - checked after a reboot and key is there but glass still working in battery mode - but if i then run AeroglassGUI which gives me 2 modes - current user or system wide settings - choosing either and then looking back in the registry the key has gone - that explanation may not be 100% but its the right direction

so is it me - something in the GlassGUI or microsoft - its no big deal but i did find it useful to indicate if the power lead had come ot

Edited by adacom

But it's also intended for em because all you can see on its download page is:

"Experimental debug version for build 10240 can be downloaded here"

I think for public it means "look over here - it also works on Win10. Try it!"

No info like "for beta testers only - if you don't know what to do, dont use it"

...you agreed to help with development by downloading this version...

Sorry but I didn't. There wasn't any checkbox or agreement I had to confirm, just a plain download.

If I would have to do, I would do it and if that also would mean to send error logs to you I would too

but since there's nothing like that, I can use and customize it (no illegal stuff) for my personal use

like I want.

Thats my opinion.

Your opinion is correct here. Debug versions for Win8 contained message box "You are using experimental build etc. etc." that user had to confirm. Users were convincing me that they know it is debug build so they don't need to be bothered with this information. Thus I didn't add it in debug build for Win10. But yes, you are right, I will return it back and users will have to confirm it explicitely.

Well imo there should be the main focus on the DL since there are plenty of ppl who know and understand it, or maybe there can be a debug key we could request from you or whatever

Your opinion is correct here. Debug versions for Win8 contained message box "You are using experimental build etc. etc." that user had to confirm. Users were convincing me that they know it is debug build so they don't need to be bothered with this information. Thus I didn't add it in debug build for Win10. But yes, you are right, I will return it back and users will have to confirm it explicitely.

Ah so you never changed. Got it. Still can't ignore 5 posts about people changing stuff on their own PC.

Edited by Blackbird256

That TrayIt doesn't work for for dwm.exe window. Only works for ApplicationFrameHost.exe window

Sure it does!

5aefo2qj.png

tfkksypz.png

Didn't work for me either.

@This Field is required, I was able to remove the folders using OldNewExplorer. That didnt work for you?

Yeh but there was only the possibility to use libraries instead of folders but I prefer to have

none of them like in Win7. With ThisPCTweaker I was able to do that (before I used to removed them via registry)

and the + is, I can customize that area with adding stuff like run, cmd, an editor, real folders with my inno scripts

and delphi projects etc.

With this possibility that option makes more and more sense but only having to use these pictures, music,... folders

is crap.

To BM:

I don't want to bypass anything of your software. I even got a legit key which I don't use in my VM's.

It's just that window which annoys me a bit because I don't need the debug info since it's not neccessary

for me (everything works like a charm, no errors,...).

Don't blame every user with saying "You want to bypass, you want to use my stuff illegal, don't use it if you don't want it like I want..."

when we just want to customize our desktop to let it look good. If Microsoft would have told everyone "If you don't use

our OS like we want, we will get angry" then everyone would have linux or mac os today.

How to make a transparent taskbar?

it does say it's an experimental debug version. isnt that obvious enough.

Not for users that don't know anything deeper than how to go to the internet.

If I tell you stuff in German language you have to know at least that I'm talking German

so you can use a translator to understand me.

Alter, war das nicht klar, dass ich Deutsch spreche?

(means "Dude, wasn't it obvious that I'm talking German?")

If you just know "Deutsch" is "German", it can't be obvious in any way.

He clearly states it's a debug version, it's not his problem if people don't know how to read before they click download.

Now, can we get back to doing some constructive testing and help bigmuscle make the production version be the best it can be?

It would be nice if the people on this forum was more useful, if they get it working on their Windows 10 machine, then that doesn't mean that they should be trapped in the "it's experimental figure it out on your own" excuse "loop". Granted people on this thread have been useful to both me and others, but that should be the case for others who just ask. i.e. a way to hide the dwm window.

"it's experimental" does not mean "figure it out yourself" but rather "it's nothing special that it doesnt work, it hasnt been properly tested so anything can happen anytime" just to clarify.

But yes, you are right, I will return it back and users will have to confirm it explicitely.

bigmuscle, why don't you release the current "experimental" build? According to my experience (and I believe, by the other testers here experience) this build is stable enough and working fine on the released Windows 10. I know you are "perfectionist" but it's simple not possible to release 100% bug- or issue-free builds. 

And of course release will stop some people negative emotions and feedback. I know that you don't care however... Some people (including me) donated you (and some - a few times), they are like your app and feel uncomfortable without transparent captions (yes, sir, it is! sounds crazy but it's a fact).

Yeah you are big boss here but could you please show a little appreciation to the people who loves what you do?

Thank you very much,

WBR, Sergey

But yes, you are right, I will return it back and users will have to confirm it explicitely.

bigmuscle, why don't you release the current "experimental" build? According to my experience (and I believe, by the other testers here experience) this build is stable enough and working fine on the released Windows 10. I know you are "perfectionist" but it's simple not possible to release 100% bug- or issue-free builds. 

And of course release will stop some people negative emotions and feedback. I know that you don't care however... Some people (including me) donated you (and some - a few times), they are like your app and feel uncomfortable without transparent captions (yes, sir, it is! sounds crazy but it's a fact).

Yeah you are big boss here but could you please show a little appreciation to the people who loves what you do?

Thank you very much,

WBR, Sergey

There's still bugs that I imagine he wants to fix, for example monitors left of primary have negative pixel position coordinates which is causing issues with the dev build.

I for one respect very highly the concept of waiting to release software until sufficient feedback has been received and the bugs can be worked out.  Having used Big Muscle's software now for YEARS on my main workstation, which sees hard use every day, I haven't had to worry about problems from it at all.  None.

We are conditioned more and more nowadays to expect buggy alpha-level software by companies looking to make a buck without doing all the work, but we should be more concerned with perfection.  The devil is in the details with software.

-Noel

bigmuscle, 

why don't you release the current "experimental" build? According to my experience (and I believe, by the other testers here experience) this build is stable enough and working fine on the released Windows 10. I know you are "perfectionist" but it's simple not possible to release 100% bug- or issue-free builds. 

Because it simply is not stable and I have already fixed many bugs since last build ;)

Remember that this is very low-level application so if it is stable for you, it does not mean that it is stable globally. E.g. patching incorrect memory bytes can have no visible impact for you, but may totally mess the system for someone other. And complains about debug window are much more acceptable than complains that this application killed your system completely.

I hope this is not cnosidered Hi-jacking.

You can use Classic Shell (4.2.3 is the one im using) to get Taskbar opacity settings and blur (Glass)

Classic Shell -> Settings (Right click on Start button) -> (Show all settings [box]) -> Windows 10 Settings

I use 50% Opacity and Glass Blur, similar to Windows 7, You see.. Microsoft could have brought all of these optional features in but noo... lets just force our design.

Preview:

8eedOr3.png

Hi guys,

I am a new comer so pelase do not judge me too strong. BigMuscule did an outstanding job. Hands down. Being a C++ developer for 15+ years I know how hard it is to give birth to such a complex, low-level software. Big muscules = big thank you. Going to donate as soon as possible.

To make Aero Glass even better I would like to turn your guys attention to an issue this debug version (10240) has. Not a big deal for the majority of you guys but it causes troubles for theose who tend to work on theirs PCs remotely.

Unfortunately, Aero Glass breaks Remote Desktop (RDP) support. Complete chaos on a PC's screen when logging in locally after doing an RDP session to that PC. Reproducible: always. I am running Windows 10 x64 Enterprise build 10240 with the latest debug version of Aero Glass. No custom themes / bypassers / modding tools are installed. A fresh Windows 10 installation. DWM does not draw window frames. Like someone mentioned above, restarting DWM.exe sometimes fixes the problem.

This awesome Aero Glass software needs this last fix to be perfectly flawless. Take it as a feature request (we may not ask for more), not as a bug report =)

Sorry for interrupting,

Kakoo

ModernFrame.dll has been updated. Link is on my website.

Now, it hooks all processes which may open app frame, so don't worry about one console for any needed process.

Known issues:

- inactive frame has wrong colour for caption title

E.g. patching incorrect memory bytes can have no visible impact for you, but may totally mess the system for someone other. And complains about debug window are much more acceptable than complains that this application killed your system completely.

"this application killed your system completely" - is it just a figure of speech or a real possibility? I didn't dig deep but I assumed you have a deal just with GDI-related code?