Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

Oh. I edit my posts too quickly to realize what you mean :D

http://i.imgur.com/VdcOmwA.png

W8 imageres.dll also still can be used for icons manually. Sweet!

http://i.imgur.com/1keD0Wc.png

Also if you don't want to mess with the imageres.dll file you could just add your own Windows 7 or custom desktop icons to that .theme file as your default as well.

~DP

Oh. I edit my posts too quickly to realize what you mean :D

http://i.imgur.com/VdcOmwA.png

W8 imageres.dll also still can be used for icons manually. Sweet!

http://i.imgur.com/1keD0Wc.png

Also if you don't want to mess with the imageres.dll file you could just add your own Windows 7 or custom desktop icons to that .theme file as your default as well.

~DP

That's bit harder as imageres.dll stores the icons rather weirdly like storing each res separately rather than having one .ico with all of them.

It's not that much of a problem anyway as it is also useful resource for W7 icons.

Edited by Blackbird256

Just testing it and it looks great indeed. Thank you!

Now only if windowed apps didn't have those comically huge caption buttons and taskbar was theme-able :)

Oh and am I only one that preffered W8's centered caption text? The W7/W10 one was/is always too tiny for my taste. I recall there being setting somewhere in Windows itself.

Not alone about the centered caption text, I admit I really liked this small detail in Windows 8 too (probably the only thing I enjoyed from default Win8 theme).

I wonder if Big Muscle know if it will be technically possible to change the caption text position in a future release of its Aero Glass, I miss those centered windows titles. ^^

I hope we're getting close to a stable release. I can't wait to try it on Windows 10.

It depends on the problems/bugs/feature requests which appear in next 1-2 weeks. Since I don't use W10 myself, I cannot test it much. There are still some bugs which I need to address but also some things which I am not able to implement correctly on Windows 10 RTM (FrameMargin, different opacity for inactive frames etc.).

There is definitely an issue with triple monitor setups.  Everything is just fine on screens 1 and 2, but everything displays artifacts on screen 3 in glass enabled areas when hovering over caption buttons etc...

If you need any debug info from me to diagnose the issue let me know.

Yeah, provide your debug.log. But I see it as difficult to catch because it seems that multiple monitors virtualization does not work in Win10 with VMWare. In Win8, I can simulate any number of monitors but it displays error message "Cannot save displays settings" in Win10.

Works fine if you have the Atlas Layout file with the Theme Atlas image.

attachicon.gif2015-07-30_010944.png

I want that theme. I would also like to know how to make "system" applications use a dark theme, so far I can only get modern UI apps to run dark. Another question will we ever be able to use smaller titlebars and buttons. I don't have a touchscreen and would rather use that wasted for me screen real estate for the application. I have seen some themes or atlases that seem to be using smaller buttons/titlebars just wondering.

Edited by rewar

not really. see the space between the left border and the title bar caption? that is the back button, it just has no picture (already seen and tested in the settings app, my lab rat for everything)

Thanks My1 you are right it is still there but invisble.

so the next one comes to ask:

eat this little list:

UxStyle

http://sagorpirbd.deviantart.com/art/Aero-7-Theme-for-Windows-10-523979941

AeroGlass

Modernframe

Oh so it is actual theme? I had no idea that exists already. Thanks for posting that. I'll try UxThemeSignatureBypass first tho as UxStyle used to give me black screens on W8/8.1

UxStyle doesn't work for Windows 10 RTM. Well it didn't for me. But BigMuscle's UxThemeSignatureBypass still works well.

That "Aero 7" theme by sagorpirbd seems a bit unpolished.  It has potential - I like that it gives controls visual style - but doesn't do nice things like return style to the Win 10 Taskbar, and has a few little style glitches/mistakes (squared corners of a few buttons that should be rounded, glyphs not centered in caption buttons, etc.).  I thought about trying to tweak the graphics in it a bit, but I've just gone back to standard Win 10 with my theme atlas replacement only.

A fully polished full theme replacement that "does it all" will no doubt appear.  People are already generating themes that are mostly working.  It's already clear that we can have a better looking / smoother working Win 10 UI than what Microsoft delivered.

Here's hoping Big Muscle can get FrameMargin working again.  :)

-Noel