Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

Just installed the new Classic Shell menu and I'm very impressed.

There are some very nice settings for the taskbar too.

Plays very nice with Aero Glass, also.

You're welcome.  Okay, I can't take very much of the credit at all as I didn't write the code, but I HAVE been diligently over on Ivo's forum asking him nicely to make sure to support Aero Glass.

To each his own.  Dhjohns likes to prod (and so do I).  I greatly prefer Classic Shell over what Microsoft has done.  You might say that "choosy motherxxxxxschoose Classic Shell".  :yes:

Between Classic Shell, Aero Glass, UxThemeSignatureBypass, ModernFrame, some theme graphics replacements, and a little luck maybe might actually get Win 10 halfway nice to look at again.

-Noel

I love your attitude! :) Sound like my setup - and people might call me old fashioned, but I love the Glass look of Windows 7, it's one of the main reasons my productive PC is still on Win 7. I like Windows 10 of the speed and new features, but I can't stand the default look & feel when having more than three windows open at the same time and get lost in the "all white snow fog somewhere are window title bars".

So "all" I want is Windows 10 looking like Windows 7 ;)

why install Windows 10 if you are going to use Classic Shell:

I guess you never tried it.

Take a chance, you may like it.

I set it so I can use the stock (MS) menu with just a middle click of my mouse brings it up.

And, just for what you can do with the taskbar settings, it' well worth installing it.

So, try it. You can uninstall it if you don't like it.

Unfortunately I just had to disable glass for the time being.  For some weird reason it is displaying corruption on my 3rd screen when hovering over glass enabled areas.  Screen 1 and 2 are fine though which is rather odd.

Anything you want me to try bigmuscle?

I set it so I can use the stock (MS) menu with just a middle click of my mouse brings it up.

And, just for what you can do with the taskbar settings, it' well worth installing it.

LOL, why would I go back to a start menu which I hated?  The windows 7 start menu is horrible.  I love the Windows 10 Start Menu. It is in the realm of the gods!

LOL, why would I go back to a start menu which I hated?  The windows 7 start menu is horrible.  I love the Windows 10 Start Menu. It is in the realm of the gods!

Now, now.  While we're very glad that Windows 10 works for you and that you like it, I thought we agreed to disagree?   Please be nice. :)

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

To each his own - One man's garbage is another man's art :)

And that's what Microsoft didn't understood yet. It is good to try new things and every design will have it's fans, but poeple are different - MS can't just force people to like their design when MS change its mind so often and seem never happy with what design they have ...

Both of you please be nice :)

And that's what Microsoft didn't understood yet. It is good to try new things and every design will have it's fans, but poeple are different - MS can't just force people to like their design when MS change its mind so often and seem never happy with what design they have ...

I couldn't agree more.

Cheers and Regards

Interesting read - search this guy out and see what he has to say: Danny Oran

I can think of a good reason to go back: try right clicking on any folder under "all apps" to browse its folder hierarchy in File Explorer — you can't. I have plenty of more reasons if that's insufficient for you.

ModernFrame replacement for 10.0.10240

Known issues:
* you need to use old AppInit_DLLs method to inject
* ApplicationFrame.pdb symbols are needed - use dbghelp.dll and symsrv.dll from Aero Glass installation
* frame theme change is not fully optimized
* frame title is drawn by ApplicationFrame so its look does not fully fit in frame
* some icons may be missing, e.g. "Go back" frame icon
* I don't alter frame height (ApplicationFrame uses 32px)
* only 64-bit version now

!!! THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL DEBUG BUILD ONLY !!!

Link on my website

Edited by bigmuscle

Looks pretty nice from here.

• Button placement is improved

• The proper theme atlas resources are shown when the window is not current.

• I don't see any more the problems with hovering over the buttons sometimes not activating them.

The title text is now no longer doubled, but it is black(active window) / gray(inactive window) where I make all the others white.  While I would have preferred the white text, I can live with this.

ModernFrameUpdate0.png

ModernFrameUpdate.png

-Noel

Thanks BigMuscle for the updated ModernFrame.dll. It works excellent but using edge it adds title bar on top of it. I would had thought it would had made it tab area trasparent instead.

OT:

Good for you but you shouldn't be negative to people if they want to install another start menu. 

You make it sound like the start menu is the core of the operating system, 

I myself find the new start menu a bit lacking, especially when you click All Apps, that menu is big and cluttered.

BUT I like the ability to have live tiles/apps on the menu.