Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

Nice job, seems to hang together here.  Seems to work with my theme atlas (which by the way you're welcome to distribute with the product if you want).

I seem to have lost the ability to adjust my FrameMargin setting somewhere along the way.  Borders are all very thin now.

-Noel

There's no top white border on steam/photoshop windows anymore, I think there used to be?

There's also a space between the border and the actual startmenu layout on the right side of the start menu, view against a white background with text to see it easier.

Edited by shelter

Thanks bigmuscle. Experimental debug version for build 10240 works just fine.

Is there a way to change/increase transparency level besides choosing the lightest accent color?

Edited by Zhancis1982

Hello, i receive the following message when run the file "This service is not support to be executed by the user." This means you need to become administraorom? But I have all administrative rights!

Hello, i receive the following message when run the file "This service is not support to be executed by the user." This means you need to become administraorom? But I have all administrative rights!

No, it must be run from task manager.  What I do now (it is easier) is create a folder and name it Aeroglass.  I then copy the debug files to it.  Then I install the 1.3.1 version for Windows 8.1.  It will ask if you want to install to AeroGlass folder, say yes.  Do not check Shiny Aeroglass theme.  Then you are good to go.

hi guys

am i the only one whose DWM.exe is not running in the background? have installed the 10240 version on my 10240 build and my dwm.exe is always running in the foreground :/

Does the ModernFrame.dll work anymore?

It appears to function in a fashion, yes.  However, I'd suggest waiting for another release that's made to work with the latest Aero Glass components.  You'll notice it's no longer available for download on Big Muscle's site.

-Noel

Does the ModernFrame.dll work anymore?

It appears to function in a fashion, yes.  However, I'd suggest waiting for another release that's made to work with the latest Aero Glass components.  You'll notice it's no longer available for download on Big Muscle's site.

-Noel

What do you mean "in a fashion?"

I inserted ModernFrame.dll, and it works well on some apps, such as store, MS Solitaire Collection, Calendar, and The Weather Channel app, works somewhat on Twitter, and  doesn't work at all on Calculator, People, or Edge.  So it is definitely not crashing anything, but not working with everything.

The Three Faces of ModernFrame.dll

screenshot_19.png

Edited by dhjohns

Well, I see translucency at the top of the one Modern App I can run with UAC disabled (the Settings App), but...

1.  The title text is doubled, with black or dark gray text to the left, and white (my chosen color) text to the right.

2.  The title text "glow" (for me it's gray, darker than the text) is offset to be above the text.

3.  The caption buttons do not always activate when I hover over them.  I seem to have to slide over to the minimize or restore buttons before the close button will work.

4.  The title bar height is larger than other windows, yet the caption buttons are short yet wider than on other windows.

5.  The caption indicators within the buttons (e.g., the X) don't gray out on inactive windows like they do on normal windows.

ModernFrameExample.png

I don't know which of these issues Big Muscle can improve or rework, but Modern Apps are not fully integrated looking by the previously released ModernFrame.dll.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC