Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

Lmao. Not using Windows 10 because you cant have blurred window borders??? That is just silly.

You can have transparent action center, start, and taskbar and if you use the windows.msstyles hack to add colorization to the window borders, it wont be stuck on white. Its not PERFECT but it works for those who don't want white.

I, for one, have been using Win10 since the insider program started and am using build 10240 on my laptop and desktop and couldn't be happier. Would having blurred windows be nice? Sure. But its not gonna keep me from using it.

If Microsoft adds back in the blur, that would be nice. Maybe in TH2, they will. I'm personally not worried about theming and blur on here.

Lmao. Not using Windows 10 because you cant have blurred window borders??? That is just silly.

If you think Big Muscle's Aero Glass and UxThemeSignatureBypass tools (and a good set of theme resources) are just about blurred Window borders then it shows how precious little you know about using Windows effectively.  But hey, embrace the mediocrity.  It's all Microsoft can deliver.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Is there a way to block AeroGlass for downloading symbols

I believe if you create a text file in the symbols folder, and rename one dwmcore.pdb, and the other uDWM.pdb, these will serve as dummy files, and you can store the originals elsewhere or delete.  You should be ok then.

Well, I've installed the 10240.

No M$ water mark.. also no glass8.eu either.. ?! (BM aeroglass working nicely so far.. no glitches. yet)

Computer properties simply says Windows 10 Pro. No longer insider preview.

And if you go into settings, preview/insider builds needs to be enabled with 'getting started' 

It even says Windows is activated... This laptop is running on pure original insider keys since day dot.

Looks like an activated RTM/Escrow/Threshold something edition so far.

-sean

No timebomb either, winver.exe is clean.

If you think Big Muscle's Aero Glass tool and a good set of theme resources is just about blurred Window borders then it shows how precious little you know about using Windows effectively.  But hey, embrace the mediocrity.  It's all Microsoft can deliver.

-Noel

Lol I'm not going to not use an OS because I don't get every little UI customization that I want. The benefits of the OS far outweigh the cost of not having Aero Glass and special caption buttons. But, I guess there's not that many people that see it that way. Enjoy living in 2012 with 8.1 so long as you have your transparent windows and nifty captions. I'm gonna move with the future and embrace it.

Is there a way to block AeroGlass for downloading symbols

I believe if you create a text file in the symbols folder, and rename one dwmcore.pdb, and the other uDWM.pdb, these will serve as dummy files, and you can store the originals elsewhere or delete.  You should be ok then.

Thanks but doesn't work. It still downloads and replaces those dummy files I created

The benefits of the OS ... I'm gonna move with the future and embrace it.

No disrespect meant at all, but what exactly are the benefits you have found in Windows 10? I would really, really, really like to know.

( I haven't seen any real benefits to any Windows OS beyond Windows 7 to entice me to change from Windows 7, and I know there are others who feel that way about XP, Win2K, Win98 and even Win95, but that's a totally different conversation. )

From everything I have read, there is nothing new at all available in Windows 10 that is not available in previous OS either built-in or with free or extremely cheap 3rd party addons.

Cheers and Regards

The benefits of the OS ... I'm gonna move with the future and embrace it.

No disrespect meant at all, but what exactly are the benefits you have found in Windows 10? I would really, really, really like to know.

( I haven't seen any real benefits to any Windows OS beyond Windows 7 to entice me to change from Windows 7, and I know there are others who feel that way about XP, Win2K, Win98 and even Win95, but that's a totally different conversation. )

From everything I have read, there is nothing new at all available in Windows 10 that is not available in previous OS either built-in or with free or extremely cheap 3rd party addons.

Cheers and Regards

OMG!!!  The benefits are so many they are impossible to list.  Beginning with boot time, start menu, modern apps, and going way beyond.  Simply the absolutely best OS I have ever used.  Windows 7 was good in its day, but so was Windows 3.1.  We have gone beyond that now!  Wake up and smell the roses!

OMG!!!  The benefits are so many they are impossible to list.  Beginning with boot time, start menu, modern apps, and going way beyond.  Simply the absolutely best OS I have ever used.

The Microsoft shill is strong with this one :P

The boot time "improvements" are because of Hybrid Start which doesn't ever shut your computer off. It never clears the RAM. It's a glorified hibernate. So of course it's going to be faster. You're not cold booting. You're only ever warm booting after that first initial startup. The start menu is infected with Metro. Lastly, what exactly are the benefits of Metro in general? No it's okay, I'll wait.

If there are any good things about Windows 10, they're under-the-hood. where the average user will never see or even know about any such things.

Edited by ptd163