Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

Well, I've installed the 10240.

No M$ water mark.. also no glass8.eu either.. ?! (BM aeroglass working nicely so far.. no glitches. yet)

Computer properties simply says Windows 10 Pro. No longer insider preview.

And if you go into settings, preview/insider builds needs to be enabled with 'getting started' 

It even says Windows is activated... This laptop is running on pure original insider keys since day dot.

Looks like an activated RTM/Escrow/Threshold something edition so far.

-sean

YES, 10240 (RTM) was finalized on July 15th and sent out to the Insiders and OEM's on the same day. Windows 10 final however, will not be released to the rest of the world until the 29th at least.

Build 10240 is running fantastic on my 5 year old machine. I cant wait for the end of the Month and boot back into Windows 7 for the upgrade process.

I'm sorry if this is not an appropriate question (Newbie here, 1st post) but, how do I hide the dmw.exe logger window?

It is bothering me and just gets in the way, do I have to use a non-debug DLL to fix this?

Seems like they've changed nothing in the Theme Atlas layout in build 10240.

Aero Glass for Win 10 can clearly be made to work, and it will be a Really Great add-on for the OS.

-Noel

Why is not there the installer? I do not understand how it is set to win 10. Explain please.

Because this is development/debugging/testing version only. If you don't know how to install it, then you should not use it.

Seems like they've changed nothing in the Theme Atlas layout in build 10240.

Aero Glass for Win 10 can clearly be made to work, and it will be a Really Great add-on for the OS.

-Noel

I agree it will be a great add-on :)

Edited by daveo76

My laptop graphics uses Nvidia GeForce GT 525M graphics and since Nvidia updated the windows 10 driver to 10.18.13.5350. It keeps crashing most times when I go to run Notification Center, Start Menu, and Apps. Running normal programs has no effect. Windows 10 Build 10166 and Build 10240. If you need debug.log I can provide.

My laptop graphics uses Nvidia GeForce GT 525M graphics and since Nvidia updated the windows 10 driver to 10.18.13.5350. It keeps crashing most times when I go to run Notification Center, Start Menu, and Apps. Running normal programs has no effect. Windows 10 Build 10166 and Build 10240. If you need debug.log I can provide.

I'm getting something similar.  Like dhjohns mentioned in an earlier post, it can be triggered by dragging a modern app to the second monitor, although sometimes it seems to happen on its own.  After that, bringing up the notification center, volume or network in the tray, or any other modern app -- all of them induce a another crash.  Occurs on both a GeForce GTX 750 with the new 5350 drivers (although has been happening for a little while now on previous drivers and previous W10 builds) and also when I switch over to the internal Intel HD4600 graphics integrated into my 4790k.

Agreed that this will be a wonderful addition really completing the 'feel' of this OS.

First let me say there's really no expectation that software written to work with 10130 should function with 10240.  I understand that.  I'm only posting on the possible chance this might be helpful.

Because I run only desktop applications, I'm not seeing the crash issue much.  That being said, I did see a series of crashes leading to a series of minidumps being stored in the AeroGlass folder after switching screen sizes (basically when exiting full-screen mode in VMware and going back to 1920 x 1200 in a VMware window).  I mention this in case Big Muscle would want to know an alternate method to reproduce the crash.  Here's one of the minidumps (270 MB) and the debug.log if that can help at all:

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/10240/minidump-07-17-06-47-39.dmp

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/10240/debug.log

-Noel

Can't wait for the official release for Windows 10 RTM, this is going to be a must have addon for me for Windows 10.

BTW bigmuscle I can confirm that 10240 IS RTM, so you can proceed full throttle with your development of this epic program :)

Can't wait for the official release for Windows 10 RTM, this is going to be a must have addon for me for Windows 10.

BTW bigmuscle I can confirm that 10240 IS RTM, so you can proceed full throttle with your development of this epic program :)

It only RTM milestone not RTM final

It only RTM milestone not RTM final

10.0.10240.XXXXX.th1 will be RTM final. From now till July 29th only the XXXXX will be changed, 10240 is the signed off build number.