Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

I have aeroglass working very will in Windows 10 Professional build 10166 x64, but have yet to find a themeatlas which will work with it.  If anyone has one could he please provide a link so that I can download, and try it out?

Not seeing any problems here with mine.  What's it doing wrong for you?

AGOnBuild10166.png

Based on the number of problems you've been reporting that others don't seem to have, I suggest it may be getting to be time for you to do a clean installation.  I did a clean install at 10130.

-Noel

@NoelC I have a clean installation with this build 10166.  Could you post a link to the themeatlas image you are using?  Sorry I see your link!   :angel

OK. I have 10166 with the 10130 debug files, also the UXThemeSignatureBypass.  I loaded your themeatlas, and get this:

screenshot_4.png

Without themeatlas, I get this:

screenshot_5.png

Edited by dhjohns

@NoelC I have a clean installation with this build 10166.  Could you post a link to the themeatlas image you are using?  Sorry I see your link!   :angel

OK. I have 10166 with the 10130 debug files, also the UXThemeSignatureBypass.  I loaded your themeatlas, and get this:

screenshot_4.png

Without themeatlas, I get this:

screenshot_5.png

I think you're using a third party theme and you just can't use any theme atlas with it.

It's just one or the other.

Ha ha!  You were right!  I had put in Sergey's theme to have colored borders, and it was mucking things up.  Thank you very much Dreamweaver1.  All is well now!

Edited by dhjohns

It is not possible to move apps such as store, and calculator from one monitor the the next.  The app freezes with one edge barely on the second monitor, and dwm restarting over, and over.  A quick sign out fixes it.

I think you're using a third party theme and you just can't use any theme atlas with it.

It's just one or the other.

To be fair, it really depends on what theme the atlas was generated for.

I have, for example, developed a theme atlas that I use with the Aero 7 v2 theme (on my Win 8.1 system).  Basically, you start by extracting the appropriate PNG file contained in the STREAM resource list from the theme.msstyles file, and change the appropriate elements.

In the cases of the theme atlases I've posted recently here, they're based on the stock aero.msstyles file that comes with Win 10.

-Noel

P.S., by the way have you noticed that Microsoft is now painting slider handles with the "accent color"?  This may not seem like a big deal, but it represents elements of the Modern interface interacting with the desktop standard controls.  I have a real worry about what will be revealed when we see the final release.  Through such changes to the common controls more stuff may be dis-integrated on the desktop at the last minute than we expect.

Edited by NoelC

So, whatever bug causing dwm.exe to crash, and restart in build 10166 is gone in build 10176!   :thumbup  :thumbup  :thumbup

UPDATE:  Windows Update just delivered a new Nvidia video driver which fixed this problem!

Edited by dhjohns